Slightly changing doctrine in WT Aug 1, 2002,p13?

by jwsons 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwsons
    jwsons

From WT Aug 1, 2002 page 13 quote:

Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in position of resposibility in congregations of Jehovah 's people around the earth" (paragraph 18, page 13)

By using the term "representing" Do they try to change the heavenly hope in the future ? Some of my annoited friends (belongs to 144,000 class) are women. Is there any priest in ancient Israel woman ? I only heard prophetess in Isarael. Am I right ?

• blondie
    blondie

According to the WTS, neither the men nor the women of the anointed will act as priests on earth but only when they die and are resurrected to heaven. At that time they will no longer have gender but will all be male in the same sense that all the angels, Jesus, and Jehovah are addressed as males in the Bible. I understand they will not begin acting as priests until the 1,000 year reign when they begin applying the benefits of the ransom sacrifice to those surviving on earth and those to be resurrected to life on earth.

I don't see any foundation being set to say that the non-anointed elders on earth have any heavenly future. There were some articles a couple of years ago on the "chieftain" in Ezekiel and it was emphasized by the WTS that the chieftain represented the elders and was not the priestly class.

Edited by - Blondie on 18 June 2002 10:25:27

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I noticed this slight change in the Wt, although I had a different take on it. As the annointed get older and older, it becomes more difficult to pin the title of FDS class. They can't chew their own food, let alone providing food for some one else.

So it makes sense for the society to redefine who is the FDS. It is clear that they are running out of time. What better group than the elders to fill this void. At least with this group they don't have to explain why a sister is part of the FDS but is not allowed to provide any spiritual input.

• SYN
    SYN

Yeah, I always wondered what would happen if they ran out of male Annointed types. Then they would have to get all their "prophecy" and "spiritual food" from WOMEN! HAHAHAHAH! Ultimate Revenge!!!!!!!! They'd have to cook up PLENTY of New Light (TM) to cover up THAT one!

• zev
    zev

is it possible someone can post a scan of the entire article, either as a jpg or in text?

i'd like to get the sence of the whole article on this one.

they cancelled my subscription on me about 6 months ago, mysteriously right after i left and d.a.'ed meself.

• AlanF
    AlanF

: I always wondered what would happen if they ran out of male Annointed types. Then they would have to get all their "prophecy" and "spiritual food" from WOMEN

Yeah, and the WOMEN would have to wear Kleenex on their heads.

AlanF

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

AlanF,

Get a life! You can learn a lot from a woman. Unless you don't know a woman when you see one.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders

So does this mean that they are moving in the direction of officially admitting that they do in fact have a clergy/priest class?

• Xander
    Xander
    You can learn a lot from a woman

Of course you can, Fred. As long as she has a burka napkin on her head. Right? Isn't that the rule?

• Farkel
    Farkel

jwsons,

: Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in position of resposibility in congregations of Jehovah 's people around the earth"

This quote merely enforces the fact that elders are worker-bees slaving in the service of the self-appointed and most holy "royal priests," i.e. the anointed governing body members.

With regards to gender and "royal priests," I should remind you that Jehovah cuts off wee-wees before he imports those priests into heaven, so gender no longer becomes an issue at that point.

This is all Bible-based.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit