Witnesses Are Great Folks

by FrankRaven 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

I know I'll get a lot of flack from this,but Witnesses are good folks.And your average Witness is concerned about you,non-witness.I've been there and I almost became one.My ex did become one.

It's not what they are taught by the Watchtower,it's how one is taught.If one was what a Witness was taught there wouldn't be any Witnesses.It's how one is taught.Most of the Witnesses always told me,if you have any questions there's a book by the Society that will answer your question.(s)The Watchtower is persistent.Well so was I.The more books I read that the Watchtower wrote,the more questions I had.And I,always,made sure I stayed on the topic.they never did.They always avoided my questions.And they are real good at that.

I knew an Elder who was of,"The Anointed-Class."HE was in his late 60s when I began my study with him.The final night I was with him,I'll call him Willy Reese.Willy saw that I had the King James Version of the Holy Bible(Thomason-Chain Reference).He asked me what Bible the Watchtower uses.I told him,New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures,(NWT)He told me that he wasn't going to study with me unless I used the NWT.End of Study.

I always like having many bibles around to compare and the NWT is like the,"Book of Mormon."It's another Gospel.As far as I'm concerned the NWT is not the Holy Bible.Never will be.

But as I've said before,it's not the Jehovah Witnesses that should be put on the spot-light.It's the Watchtower Society..For one thing,Watchtower,they denie the resurrection and that is in 1John tells us to denie that Christ came in the Flesh is of the Anti-Christ.So as in Luke 24:39 that Christ came back physically resurrection and in John 1:14,the Word became flesh.

So remember those folks who are the followers of the Watchtower,they have been blinded by the evil Watchtower.And since we can not fight against Satan,we must pray as we approach those who are trapped in the Watchtower...................

Frank

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

The worst thing about the rank and file JWs is that so many are so brainwashed, they will not look beyond the NWT or the societies publications. They just blindly do and act as they are told, like lambs being led off to slaughter.

Yes, the average ones are nice and decent folks, but so are most in every religion. I think most everyone here recognizes that the rank and file are decent folks, deep down, but too many look gleefully forward to the destruction of 99.9% of the earths population, as taught by the Watchtower. Even when they are in a indefensible position, as with the current pedophile debacle, how many have blindly supported them and claimed it was all lies and distortions? Too many to count.

As a whole, we wlecome JWs here to learn and see what is really there. But those who come to stir things up and call us all liars and cheats and apostates and such, receive just what they asked for. I have yet to see one post here and actually defend their claims when challenged.

So, yes, you are right. MAny are good people, just brainwahsed. But, I do not intend to listen to their ramblings about they will saved and I won't, simply because I prefer to no longer be a member of the sect.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I subscribe to what my wife (a semi-active JW) says...Religion is an elitist concept. I have met a few Good people who are JW's over the course of my life. But, I think that, by and large, many are manipulated into being untrue to themselves. Many times, those attracted are those that are looking for some kind of fulfillment because they are not happy with themselves.

My mother asked me to judge a religion on "if everyone were believing the same way as (insert organization name) what would the world be like?" I told her that she wasn't scoring any points with me on that line of reasoning. Just like anywhere else, there will be the little dictators and power hungry ones, there will be theives, adulterers, etc. etc. My wife even has a problem with when the society pretty much comes out and says that they and their members are "better" than everyone else. I have a news flash for all of them...those elders put their pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else.

Just a few random thoughts...

Ernie

• terafera
    terafera

I agree with Red and Coon that by far, there are many wonderful people that are baptized into the jw religion.....the problem is the thinking they have, that they are better than us (nonjws). I have met some wonderful and jerky people in the 'Truth'....I have met some wonderful Methodists, Russian Orthodox, Catholic, Baptist and non-denominational church goers and also have met real ass****'s in those same religions.

The only difference is, the latter members wont harp me until I come into their church, then ignore me if I dont want to.

I think it is the sheer cockiness and arrogance that get people....when a jw sees you in the mall and smirks while he runs to tell the other jws who he saw you with....it makes you want to gag.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: But as I've said before,it's not the Jehovah Witnesses that should be put on the spot-light.It's the Watchtower Society..For one thing,Watchtower,they denie the resurrection and that is in 1John tells us to denie that Christ came in the Flesh is of the Anti-Christ.So as in Luke 24:39 that Christ came back physically resurrection and in John 1:14,the Word became flesh.

Where did you hear that? Jehovah's Witnesses not only believe in the resurrection, they've believed in SEVERAL resurrections: the one that occurred in 1878, the one that occurred in 1918, the one that's to come "real soon now," and of course, the resurrection of Jesus.

I think Jehovah's Witnesses should only use resurrections in moderation. What do you think?

Farkel

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

one thing about jws stands out in my mind,..... that sets them apart a little,,,,,,,,,,.........whatever the gov body tells them to do........they have been "programmed" to carry it out...........

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures,(NWT)He told me that he wasn't going to study with me unless I used the NWT.End of Study.

I don't blame you one bit. If he were for real he would have been more then happy to study with you using YOUR Bible what ever verson.

"well, maybe not the book of Mormons"

arrrg.sorry about the text. It wont behave

Edited by - plmkrzy on 18 June 2002 6:45:28

• SYN
    SYN

Witnesses are great, but then, so are robots. They do what you say too.

Seriously, tho, on the plus side, most Witnesses are intrinsically good people, it's just their leaders who are rotten to the core.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I do agree with you that many folks who are JW's are some of the most sincere people around. But, the bottom line is that the borg is a cult, clear and simple. And, they don't want you reading other literature or going to an analylist because they know you will figure that out. The society is a big machine==a big money making machine. Why do some of the high up officials live so much better than their slave workers at Bethel?

Individually, you can always find them very "human" with much concern for their fellow man--as long as he or she hasn't been df'd, or hasn't da'd themselves. Bottom line is that they will be borg until they decide to get out. Many simply don't want to. There are all kinds of people. Some people just like to be led around and not have to make any decisions. They like to know what the rules are, and then they play the game. They feel protected and safe in their little borg. And, so be it.

It's the group as a whole that gives them power and control. Obviously, they enjoy that power and control more than anything else. For some of them to hide behind the borg while behaving inappropriately, is the worse cover-up of all.

The individual JW is so concerned with being "labeled" that they will avoid any type of situation that might place them in that dangerous category. They want to be able to speak freely, but they can't. They are afraid. And who are they afraid of--god? I think not. They fear the borg will df them and cut them off.

"The Truth Is Out There"

Karen/Sentinel

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Crawdad,

You are so right on the mark. I knew several women in the old congregation who actually had suitcases packed and ready, for when the call came to do who knows what. They lived in constant fear for themselves and their children.

I believe that's why so many parents are doing the homeschooling thing these days, because they are simply afraid that armegeddon will come while they are separated from their kids. Can you imagine how terrified these children are? I used to be one of them.

Karen/Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit