Court Tosses Door Solicitation Law

by Reborn2002 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

"Some will be receptive, some not. But it's the homeowner's decision whether to listen or not,"

True. It's our equal right to let every single one of those householders know what outright hypocrites the organization of Witnesses are, although there may be good eggs within the maw.

Someone had a thread with a form letter that was being sent to Stratton. Was that ever sent?

ashi

• Solace
    Solace

Reborn,

So Im just sitting in my living room and happen to have the news on and yes, low and behold, the J.W.s make the thread slowly moving across the bottom once again,

"Jehovahs witnesses are not prohibited from soliciting support and participating in door to door activity".

Just what I wanted to see as we are about to have dinner.

Enough to make you lose your appetite thats for sure...

• animal
    animal

One of the local talk show guys discussed this for an hour today... and he was pissed. One thing that made me laff tho... he told about how they came to his door regularly, and once when he saw them coming, he stripped down to nothing, then answered the door. They ran......

Animal

• LDH
    LDH

Agreeing totally with Jizzro here, on free speech.

However, notice the BLATANT lie told by the Society's lawyer, Pomidoro.

church lawyer Paul Polidoro said. "Eight justices of the Supreme Court saw the importance of our public ministry ... and that it deserved all the protection the First Amendment could provide."

The fact is, eight justices saw the importance of the First Amendment, and as much as they would like to get rid of these pesky varmints, have too much respect for free speech.

NOWHERE did the justices indicate that they view the JW message as IMPORTANT.

LIARS.

Lisa

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Oh cmon Lisa!

Did you expect anything less?

The WTBTS are the masters of verbal manipulation and propaganda.

I am just anxiously awaiting when they use this trial as precedence and as an experience on the assemblies.

I can hear it now:

Certainly this is a fine example of how Jehovah God blesses the efforts of his people. Even when the governments under Satan's control work to silence the spread of the ministry, as long as Jehovah desires this good news of the Kingdom to be preached, he will see to it that the work is done.

Funny that the JW's seek the destruction of the current system of things. Yet they always run to the courts for assistance under the blanket protection of free speech and freedom of religion.

They will gladly proclaim this experience as it has a positive spin for the WTBTS.

Funny thing is, Dateline is a well-known, reputable program with journalism pieces that people respect.

When anything casts a negative light on the JW's, they label it Apostate and having originated with the Devil.

Their hypocrisy knows no limitation.

• avengers
    avengers
    church lawyer Paul Polidoro said. "Eight justices of the Supreme Court saw the importance of our pedophile paradise ... and that it deserved all the protection the First Amendment could provide."
  • JAVA
    JAVA

Looks like the Tower can still send in the slaves to ask householders, "What's in your wallet?" I agree with the court on this one, but as already pointed out, the US Supreme Court's ruling upholds free speech, and doesn't consider the so-called JW ministry "important." Autocratic sects like the Witnesses do not allow free speech in their ranks, but use free speech to protect their profits from door-to-door sales. They ask the courts to do what they are not willing to do. . . and the beat goes on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit