Apostate=Point of no return?

by happysunshine 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Hello all!
    Just a quick question. I was wondering what the difference between a DF and and apostate is from a JW perspective. Is there ever a point of no return in the societies eyes? I know a DF person can be reinstated if they go through the appropriate channels- can asomeone labeled an apostate also be reinstated/saved at 'armagedon'? Any info/links would be of great help. Thanks again! -J

• abbagail
    abbagail

Technically, I don't think they think there is a dif, i.e., DF and apostate mean the same thing, i.e., "a standing away from," or "turning away from" (the truth). As far as a point of no return, they would probably say if you have "sinned against the holy spirit"... and they might assume that talking against WTS/org is same as "sinning against holy spirit." Some consideration might be given as to the reason one was DF'd in the first place (weakness of the flesh, or speaking against the org, etc. etc.). I don't have any links, though. Maybe some elderoid types could answer this. ;)

• Matty
    Matty

Hey! I've got serious deja vu here. Why have you asked exactly the same question twice, didn't you like the last lot of answers?!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30432&site=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit