World Cup (spoiler)

by gsx1138 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I'm from So. California and I've been waiting all morning to find out who won the game. I don't follow soccer, but I became a little interested when I kept seeing all the mexican flags on some of the cars here. Thanks for the update, it made my morning!!!

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Great! I'm glad they won. The game was on at 2:00 am here so I was sawing logs by then.

I guess the US team is not so bad as the media was saying before the tourny started.

Sean

E-man, I would have been the fifth but I just couldn't stay up that late! Beauty sleep and all.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Well, it was a good run for the USA...now they get to be the sacrifical lambs for Germany:(

• Englishman
    Englishman

They can beat Germany. I've watched them play quite a few times, they are much better than most people realise.

Englishman.

• Southland
    Southland

The game was superb, and also living in "Northen Mexico, i.e. Los Angeles," I know the Mexicans here feel so outraged that USA won when 95% of the country doesn't even care about soccer. However, I heard the Mexicans were very poor sports and walked off the field rather than do the traditional exchanging of shirts with their opponents, the Americans.

Edited by - Southland on 17 June 2002 15:44:51

• tdogg
    tdogg

What is this "WORLD CUP" everyone is talking about? I didn't know there was any tennis on right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit