Did you use drugs and go...INSANE!?

by refiners fire 42 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

When I was 27 my brother held a bucks night party for my first marriage and we went to a strip joint. De rigeure for the boys bucks night. It was all a bit of a none event, so next night he brought around drugs to my house, marijuana. Id scrupulousy avoided touching the stuff because i believed drugs led to demonic possession, any way, there were 4 guys rolled up and I have to confess I was peer pressured into using against my better judgement.

I went completely mad, insane, and had to be bound up with ropes on the couch, trussed up like a turkey to prevent me diving head first into the toilet which i thought was a glimmering white tunnel leading straight to heaven.

Among many other things....

I had a total panic attack going to the toilet, I started walking down the corridor and it turned into a black tunnel of terror where I crawled and blubbered 4 feet from my friends in the lounge. I wrenched all the kitchen drawers out and scattered cutlery all over the kitchen while trying to make myself a cheese sandwich. The moon devoured me. And finally, My mind was taken over by Satan, adter a long and drawn out arguement between myself and Him. Of course my friends thought I was quietly watching TV while this very desperate internal battle for my soul was going on. Satan won.

It took three months of Psychiatry before I recovered from the experience.

Anybody else??

Edited by - refiners fire on 17 June 2002 1:38:53

• professor
    professor

Sounds like your pot was laced with something else. Although it is not impossible, I have never heard of someone being affected like this from smoking a little ganja. Sounds more like PCP!

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

New research suggests that even one dose of marjuana can trigger of psychiatric illness in suspectible people.

But I've never heard of that happening either, even to our drug-induced schizophrenic clients. I'd be inclined to believe also that it must have been laced with some hallucigen. And the fact that you were a virg to the whole experience woulda made it all the more potent.

Weed is much stronger than it used to be.....about 300 times stronger if what I've read is correct.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

That was some freaky sh*t you had RF.

In my youth I had my first experience of smoking pot and the worst it got was my legs going all numb and being extremely hungry. But nothing more..nothing less.

However..when I went thru some of my exiting the borg issues...I wanted to try it again. I never had any bad experiences then either...although I would forget stuff immediately. I remember watching the Bee Gees live concert on TV....yeah ya gotta be stoned to get off on that...and half way thru the concert I had forgotten who I was watching...but I totally got off on the concert...it rocked man LOLOL. Bee Gees...sheesh!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if what you had was laced...but it seems you still got the 'munchies' lol.

Beck

• terafera
    terafera

God!!!! I've been wanting to ask someone the exact same question!!

Many moons ago (I mustve been about 18,19), I was visitng a friend who liked to smoke pot and her sister was a major pot head. We went to her sisters house (who was also an exjw!!) and they rolled up a big one. I smoked some with them (and another man I didnt know) for a couple of hours and then it hit me.....

I grabbed my head and almost fell out of the chair. I remember seeing my friends faces staring at me..but everything was moving in jerk-like movements... it was like someone was hitting the pause button and everything would move and stop..move and stop...

I ran up to the guy I didnt know and yelled, 'what the *%$^ did you put in this???'.. I was really freaking out. They all tried to calm me down and kept saying how he was cool...he swore he hadnt put anything in it. They had my friend go outside with me..but I couldnt stop talking...everything seemed surreal ..it took a few hours for me to come down. The next day they laughed and said what a 'lightweight' I was and said maybe I hadnt eaten enough that day.

It always worried me.... can you freak out like that on weed? I've heard some kinds are more potent than others. Do you think it was laced??

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

New research suggests that even one dose of marjuana can trigger of psychiatric illness in suspectible people.

Im inclined to agree with this view.

I knew a young fellow in my congo who used and became full blown schizophrenic. Last time he rang me up about 5 years ago he told me he was getting messages from God that he had to kill me. its fortunate that he rang me first, as I was able to call both the cops and his parents. Obviously the poor guy still hasnt recovered.

Im no mental health professional, but Ive got my own pet theory about this. That the Dub milieu and method of information presentation is one that produces "Polarity" of thinking.This leads to Bi Polar Disorder, or can, in the susceptible, and that drugs can tip the Bipolar person over into Schizophrenia.Maybe some expert like Larc could offer an opinion on this theory. (Please , no experts from Other JW chat sites!)

If I use Marijuana even now I have delusions of a messianic sort, in other words a belief that I am a chosen instrument of God appointed to save the world from destruction.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

God!!!! I've been wanting to ask someone the exact same question!!

Terra: Thats why I posted it. I think theres a lot of ex dubbies had problems with the ole drugs.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Okay RF...so we won't be getting stoned together this Sunday LOL...its outta the question!!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Beck, Last time I smoked was at my mothers three months ago. I came to the realization that my mothers live in boyfriend was an agent of the devil and that Armaggedon was starting right then and there and would radiate out from me and encompass the world. I had to quickly drive around and gather those I loved together where they would be within my protective aura.We drove to my brothers house and he talked me out of the delusion.As for my mother, she bought into the delusion fully.I convinced her I was Christ.

Beck. No I dont think we will get stoned together on Sunday.

(Booze is okay. Will that do??)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I smoked haschish (don't knwo how it's spelled in English any more ...) daily for 7 years, I smoked (!) and ate all sorts of pills, I used mescaline and LSD, I shot morphine for one year, I shot amphetamine (speed) every weekend for two years, I was a heavy drinker in the same period.

Never did I hear of anything like this after smoking pot, which was something we considered being for children, as it was so light, and not heavy enough for us tough guys. I have been chased by 10-feet tall gorillas, I've witnessed my own death, I've seen my arm be cut off in a door and grow out again, I've been mind-reading friends, I've been who knows what, but never on pot. We smoked 50 valium pills once, and it took us (my friend and I) 4 hours to walk two miles, but again, pot?

I smoked hasch a couple of years ago just to see what it was like nowadays, but all I experienced was a heavy and half-numb head; I guess one has to grow accustomed to it again. That's how it was back in the old days, it took some time before one knew what the outcome was to be. Therefore, your experience was weird.

And man, was Leslie West and Mountain one tough band to listen to ............ "Long Red" - wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit