The anonymous

by TerryWalstrom 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I doubt he was a lush like his old man, if he lived to 97 !

He got a holiday to the Holy Land too, courtesy of Zion's Watchtower.

I read somewhere on here,JWN, that he did not remain a Bible Student/akaJW for long after WW1.

• flipper
    flipper
    Thanks for the group picture. Gawd those people look creepy. Straight off the Titanic clothes styles and plopped I 'm guessing right into the " holy land " ? Is that where that picture is - Israel ? Or else they staged the shot in the Mojave or Arizona desert somewhere . People still didn't know how to smile in pictures back then- but then again they were all in a mind control cult- what did they have to smile about ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • flipper
    flipper
    Interesting. Thought I'd add- all those in that group picture are among the millions THEN living who are all now dead
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder if Malcolm thought his father was a delusional nutter, particularly when he made that lavish home in San Diego calling it Beth Sarim and lived in it himself, waiting for the ancient worthies to return ?  

One thing old Joe knew and realized was that if he was to retain the followers that Russell cultivated with the IBSA, he had to rework the self supporting proclamations or alluring doctrines which attracted people to the organization in the first place and that is to lie and manipulate the bible writings. 

The already present belief in the bible within the general population was the anchor and source the WTS. cultivated and devised its doctrines upon.

For a small portion of the population it worked and the organization exists to this day from Rutherford's corruptly created commercialized dogma. 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The guy looks nothing like Rutherford.

I think someone else was his dad (which would go a long way towards explaining why Da Judge had such a chip on his shoulder about women).

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    Look at the tell-tale dimple in his chin!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There doesn't seem to be any information that Malcolm had a close relationship with his father as time moved on with Joe and the WTS.  The separation of Joe and his wife may have contributed to the separation of those two. Joe had developed a close bond with a his female assistant , which she stated under oath in a court case that she was very much his wife, which kind leaves a notion that the two were secretly bopping one another.

Old Joe had it all, a lavish home to live in, the most expensive cars to drive and a mistress to look after (all) of his needs.  All at a time that most of the country was suffering dearly during the great depression.

How could anyone not see that god had chosen him exclusively as his direct channel for all mankind ?   

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit