District Overbeer???

by comforter 14 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

I am genuinely perplexed by the signature of Valis. What do the words, District Overbeer mean? Do they mean that he is the district over beer? That does not make any sense. How could he be the district over beer? A district is not a person but a geographical entity.

Does he oversee the beer of his district? Then why not change his title to beer of the district overseer? How about overseer of the district's beer? But maybe he means that he lives in the district that is over beer. Where might that be? I don't know.

Genuinely cornfused

Comforter

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Cornfused? I don't think anyone here is wondering where exactly that corn is fused.

• COMF
    COMF

A District Overseer is a person who is over, and sees to, the people under him. Since leaving the borg, we apostates no longer need, nor tolerate, oversight. We have learned to control our own lives, that is, to "be" by and of ourselves. However, at times we all need good guidance and examples in how best to "be". And who better qualified than the District Overbe-er himself?

Besides, I think he's in charge of beer at apostafests... and to make sure those who prefer altered states are able to "be" whatever they choose.

• mustang
    mustang

He worked long and hard for this, spending many years as an Underbeer. Let's let him "enjoy the moment".

Mustang

• heathen
    heathen

To some of us beer is a precious commodity "The nectar of the gawds".The stating he is the district overbeer is showing due respect and reverance to a sacred beverage that many believe was developed by the egyptians as a truth serum and was held as a necessity for the operation of a paganistic or heathanistic culture.The entire world is just one big district as far as beer is concerned ,so valis is just playing to every beer lovers dream of being in a position of authority over it .

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I prefer, "The urine of the gods"

• terafera
    terafera
    What do the words, District Overbeer mean?

I'm glad you asked...cuz I was too shy too.

• SYN
    SYN

I don't think Comforter is running on all his cylinders. He's a beer short of a six-pack. All her puppies ain't barking!

District Overseer
    District Overbeer

The light gets brighter, eh?

• terafera
    terafera

Here, they rarely called them 'overseers'... but d.o's and c.o's... gotta get my brain on track...

Doh!

• Valis
    Valis

I suppose I should respond to the concerns of the flock. Actually its just my play on words. However, seeing as I travel often and make it a point to try and visit you folks, I thought it fit nicely. Yes, I am usually in charge of beer and other forms of appropriate spiritual food at the proper time during Apostafests. It pays to be handy with a tray! . I also consider myself an anointed member of the "faithless and indiscrete class", which I'm sure explains a lot..hehehe..I hope this clears up any confusion the loving arrangement may have caused. As well, I'm sure there are Overbeers, Circuit and District in every region. Until such time as those brothers and sisters recieve new Coors Light on this delicate matter, I will faithfully execute my self appointed duties. Love and Blessings from Valis in Dallas.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 16 June 2002 16:47:5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit