i committed the unforgiveable sin

by 060702015 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• millie210
    millie210

Dear 060702015,

Please keep reading and learning more about the subject you are worried about.

I have learned a lot from the folks here that I thought I had straight in my head.

It turned out I didnt really. So I learned and I have gotten more and more peace.

It really can work that way.

We are glad you are here and there is lots of good information here!

New day
    Millie2010
    Lovely post. Short, to the point, and loving

Thanks New Day! You are very kind. I have been helped so much by this forum and the people here. This place can be a lifeline, truly.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    060702015 you have a PM (Private Message at top of the page with the envelope link.).
  • Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic

First lets get you off that feeble ledge your standing on, you may slip and we don't want that. Take some deep breaths. I have been trolling this forum for at least two to three years and myself have only gotten the courage to make a few posts here and there. So off the ledge, get down so we can talk.

There are many strong contributors here who can and genuinely will take interest to help you through the darkest of hours, Many will and can offer encouraging word in the tunnels of darkness we all seem to share in the coming and goings in our dealings with Jehovahs Witnesess and her people. So troll through the forums and seek guidance.

Also do not forsake the valuable tool you have in front of you. Your Bible.

John 3: 16, simple, read it slow. "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." Simple, believe...nothing more to it. Yes there are commandments and other nuances that Jehovah wants us to do, there are guidelines just like everything else, but having doubts, asking questions, second guessing is not casting aside belief. You think Jehovah stops loving you because of these things, not on anyone's life...God so loved the world. When you get kids, you will completely understand this, the scripture will make sense. The sacrifice, the love that Jehovah has for us is insane, Hes nutz about you, hes crazy about you, God wrote this book with sixty six books, written over hundreds of years, by people of different educations, different regions of the world, with one message, HE LOVES YOU...In fact he loves you so much that when Jesus died on the Stake/Cross whatever sits write with you, that Jehovah already knew about all the sin that would be in the world and annulled it. There is nothing Jesus death doesn't cover..nothing, so unless you just plain outright constantly deny Jehovah at every angle, you haven't committed the unforgivable sin, sounds like you in the right place searching, searching for answers looking at your God and wanting to know more.It takes courage to post, for some its easy, but for some it takes great inner courage to articulate into words what you have locked deep inside, and for making your post I applaud you.

Mathew 7:7 "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."

Walk through your issues and tackle them one by one, you cant knock on all the doors at once, its overwhelming, take it slow, walk through them slowly and one by one.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Welcome to the forum.

We care about anybody and everybody who has been hurt by the Jehovah's Witness religion.

We have been hurt as well, but have become stronger.

You will too!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    060702015: Even if the JW religion is not right, Jehovah God still exists. And I have committed the unforgivable sin by thinking he was his enemy not the true GOD in heaven. I don't want to say it outright who I thought Jehovah God was...

You might find this book useful:

Jehovah Unmasked by Nathaniel Merritt.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    If you had committed the unforgivable sin, you would be too bad of a person to even realize it. Being afraid shows that you have not. Do not be afraid, God does not abandon his servants, and he understands human weakness, and the ransom is payment in full for all of your sins. Everybody sins, it is human nature. Keep hoping in God, he will not disappoint you. If you feel depressed or very sad, it could be a medical condition and you could see a physician to help you with that. Sometimes there are chemical imbalances in the brain that can make you feel the way that you are expressing. There is help and you will be fine and you will be able to feel alright. Do not fear and do not worry ,God will never abandon you or betray you.
  • Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten

Growing up in an abusive environment is awful. But you can overcome this with time, distance, and help. I have been there and now lead a happy life free of that past.

But you seem more concerned with committing the "unforgivable" sin. I worried about this at one time. I am going to pass on what helped me gain some perspective. An elder told me that if you truly had committed the unforgivable sin, you would feel no remorse over it. You would not be feeling guilty and worried about eternal consequences. Since you have faith, you need to pray and ask forgiveness, and then forgive yourself! Coming from the background of abuse, that is not going to be easy...that's where counseling helps. Not counseling at the Hall, but with a trained professional.

My concern for you is that you are just going to give up. Please remember you are a worthwhile person. The people who have hurt you and abused you are not the ones you should be listening to. Take your dad's advice and get away from your mother. It will be hard, but you can do it! Keep coming here, read our stories and you will see many of us have shared this experience. We understand and are here to help.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I don`t think J.W.`s have a definition of what the unforgivable sin is ? , at least they did not 20 years ago stating words the effect...." If anybody is worrying /concerned that they have committed the unforgivable sin , then obviously they have not."

The reasoning behind that statement was that if anybody had , they would not be worrying about it , they would not care"

So eliminate that thought right now.... You and I are strangers, we do not know each other personally , however I care about your mental and physical well being , and so does everybody else who has responded to your post .

Take encouragement and hope from that knowledge , we care about you.

Stick around this is a wonderful site with great people

We look forward to many more posts from you

Take care

smiddy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To blaspheme the butt-holy spirit, you need to realize that spirit is simply misleading you (and humanity) into damnation and slavery. Once you realize that, you will feel repulsed by that spirit, and feel better after deliberately renouncing and repudiating that spirit. That is expressly what they mean by "blaspheming the holy spirit".

And why unforgivable? Because, once you understand the so-called holy spirit is simply there to mislead you to damnation and slavery, you are never again going to want to follow it. Simple apostasy does not qualify, since you may still want to follow this spirit. But, if you see it leading you to damnation and Trouble, there is no incentive to ever want to go back to it. And you are not going to feel bad about blaspheming a spirit that is leading you to your own damnation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

060702015 - "i committed the unforgiveable sin"

You bought a Justin Beiber CD?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit