My Real Calling / Mission In Life Is Here on J-W.com

by smiddy 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sometime during or after my conversion to Jehovah Witnesses 55 years ago , I felt it was my calling , duty , mission , to preach the word , and witness to as many people as I could about the Watchtower`s interpretation of the Bible that I believed was the truth.

And may I presume I am not alone there .I feel many if not all would have had similar thoughts.

Without being presumptuous I think I have found my real calling in life , in doing what little I can to add my 2 cents worth in exposing this religion for what a fraud it actually is ,especially to the newbies , because most of us here have already found TTATT .

So witnessing to the truth about Jehovah`s Witnesses on this board , gives me much more pleasure than I ever had witnessing for the Watchtower organization

And this site / board has enabled me to do that , thank you Simon ,Ang, and company.

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Couldn't agree more!!

We have an obligation to help others whenever we can - by sharing our sometimes hard-earned knowledge/experience!

• Awake at last
    Awake at last
    I have done more meaningful study, bible reading and anything else you can think of since leaving the WT. I enjoy bible study, research and appreciate Jehovah more than ever now. I was born in and left when I was around 50.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes, this community has helped me study more deeply than ever before!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I agree smiddy. I dont "need" the board for myself anymore but i feel it would be wrong for me not to 'pay it forward' and share with others things that helped me cope when i first learned the truth about the truth.
  • happy@last
    happy@last

Funny, I just wrote about this subject on my personal blog:

In the course of our lives there are times when we have to make a choice, what is morally the right thing to do. Let’s say for example you see someone drop a bag of shopping. Immediately you might think of helping that person, but if you are late for catching a bus you may walk right past. However, what if that person had collapsed in front of you dropping the bag of shopping. Whether you are late for the bus or not, this person’s life takes priority.

I honestly believe I am in a similar situation when it comes to me being vocal about the dangers of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I have a moral obligation when I see the hurt being inflicted on people by an organisation based on lies to try and help them see the real truth.

Like innocent children playing near danger but blissfully unaware, Jehovah’s Witnesses allow their whole lives to be controlled unaware of what is going on behind the scenes. The lies and coverups that The Watchtower hides from their followers is astonishing, they have to be made aware of them.

Sadly in doing so, ex Jehovah’s Witnesses are shunned for speaking out and they lose their families and friends. The Witnesses are told to believe that such ones are ‘mentally diseased’ and are the ones that are doing the shunning! Such behaviour is not even based on the Bible just like many of their fundamental teachings.

What do I hope to achieve? I want honest hearted people to be able to make well informed choices for themselves, based on all the evidence available, not just the information fed by Watchtower.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

This forum has been more help to me in healing than I've found anywhere before, to deprogram a little at a time and to ease my guilt and self-loathing for raising my daughter in the WT mind-control cult. Being able to express myself and actually receive thoughtful feedback, instead of being blamed and rebuked, is wonderful and effective therapy.

Much love to every single person on this fantastic website♥

Marina

• millie210
    millie210

Just wanted to add a huge thank you to those of you who like smiddy, stick around to help the rest of us.

You havent just helped me - you have given me my life back when I thought I was washed ashore. I didnt know myself as "not a witness" and the ones here who are so kind and patient with newbies took me in and helped me.

You are making a huge difference in peoples lives by staying and posting here!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

This "Worldly Person" LOL realy did not understand disfellowshipping and shunning. Never exposed to it before. But got that email "good bye, have a nice life". The Elder had been in my life for five years and gone that fast, I sure did not understand this thing. My girlfriend called him the "Devil", my daughter called him " flaming idiot jerk"

It was not till I found this forum did I understand how this man turn from being the sweetest, kindest, caring, loving human being I had ever met into the Devil instantly.

YES, Smiddy and all of you, JOB WELL DONE!!!

• flipper
    flipper
    SMIDDY- I agree with you. It's one of the many missions in life that I'm on as well. To wake people the hell up ! I have a lot of interests I'm actively involved with in my life- but I feel that not only myself- but MANY of us here can and have made an impact on people's lives by exposing the real TTATT on Simon's board here. People have exited the dangerous mind control cult Jehovah's Witnesses once they start reading real information exposing WT Society injustices . We can all have a part in that if we desire to. I feel we all have accomplished more here on this board than we ever did wasting time knocking on doors telling people about a fantasy " paradise " that doesn't exist. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit