Noah's Flood & Other Bible Stories

by Sentinel 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Richard,

Thanks for your reply to my post. Yes, by all means, if you can find additional information, I am quite fasinated with this "story".

What I'm hearing more and more is that the Flood of Noah's day was actually just a very large flood of the area in the part of the world, NOT THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD. Had you heard that before?

Sentinel

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Farkel,

Who cares what salt was worth back then. Lot's wife turn to a pillar of salt by the Salt Sea.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Fred,back then everybody cared about the worth of salt.In some cultures, a days wages was paid in salt.Have you ever heard the phrase"Not worth his salt".It means a worker was not worth his daily pay.You can be dam sure if a person was turned to salt in those days,nobody would have just left it behind...OUTLAW

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hi Sentinal.

Yes I have heard that story before,and its quite feasable,because before the ice age,the Med was in fact mostly dry land,so Noahs story could be the memory of the sea level rise in that part of the world.

What got me interested in this,is that I think the old testement of the bible goes back a lot further than its given credit for,story telling passed down the generations,untill it was written down,by then things had got mixed up.

The Ancient Egyptians,in their beliefs,talk of 'the old ones' or 'the ones that came before',and regognised that mankind was around long before they were,also most ancient religions all seem to have references to a great cataclysum,globally,in antiquity.

Interesting stuff.

Rich.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit