Name the song from a snippet of lyric

by Simon 623 Replies latest social entertainment

• Jonah
    Jonah

Or.... "...Mama dabbed a little bit of perfume on my neck and she kissed my cheek,

I could see those tears well up in her eyes as she tried to speak, she said...."

• Mac
    Mac

Jonah, You got it, and yes it was Ole' Waylon

To continue your first one: "dashing and daring, a drink he was sharing with wicked feleena, the girl that I love" El Paso by Marty Robbins (love that song!)

• COMF
    COMF

Mac, #1, By the Time I Get to Phoenix, Glenny-baby

Jonah, El Paso, Marty Robbins. Good one!

Oh... Mac already got that one. Well, the next one is "Fancy" by Bobbie Gentry, later covered by Reba.

Edited by - COMF on 30 July 2002 8:14:30

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Comf, your sound bite. The artist whats his name didn't he recently (in the last 5 or so years) redo a beach boys song?

• Mac
    Mac

You got it Comf. By the way, I remember seeing Bobbie Gentry on the Smothers Brothers Show once when I was a pubescent teen, she walked out in a bikini on one skit. I slept under a "tent" that night, if you know what I mean!

• COMF
    COMF

Bobbie was a mo-fine mama, no man could deny it. She had that big hair thing going on, but it was her voice that took me down. I mean, weak in the knees down. Have you ever heard her sing, "Okalona River Bottom Band"? The syllables "li li li, li-li-li, ooh hey-hey, hey" took on a whole new meaning when couched in her inherently seductive tones.

She made her money and got out. Possibly a wise move, but she was a genius of a songwriter. You know she did mostly her own songs.

Plum, I don't know about a Beach Boy cover, but he was hooked up with Johnny's daughter Rosanne Cash for a while.

Edited by - COMF on 30 July 2002 23:47:23

• COMF
    COMF

Couple of Bobbie Gentry bites for your lusting pleasure:

Li-li-li as you've never heard it before

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/fredsaw/Files/lili.mp3

Half-grown man... like to be in... what kind of bottom did she say?

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/fredsaw/Files/halfgrown.mp3

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

this one can be heard on country and pop/soft rock stations once in a while from the 70's

Her personality unwinds
    Just like a ball of twine
    On a spool that never ends
    Just when I think I know her well
    Her emotions reveal,
    She's not the person that
    I though I knew

COMF. How do you get the sound bites to work?

Edited by - plmkrzy on 31 July 2002 16:19:51

• COMF
    COMF

They're mp3's, Plum. For me, they work by just clicking on the link. They download and then open in MusicMatch. You must not have mp3 filetypes associated with a program, or else they should do the same thing on your computer. Try associating them with Windows Media Player, if you don't have Winamp or MusicMatch.

Or, you could do it the hard way. right-click on the link and choose "Save target as..." and save it to your desktop. Then you can open it and play it from there. It just requires a couple of extra steps that way.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

cool, thanks COmf. I've got music match mp3 player so that should work ok. I just need to play with a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit