JW Positions?

by WinstonWigglesworth 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

pioneer - someone trying to earn salvation by quota

elder - someone trying to earn salvation by bullying the flock

baptized - fully enrolled book salesperson

weak family - a family who wisely thinks the notion of earning salvation by selling Watchtower books is stupid

publisher - unpaid book salesperson

Farkel

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Nathan - Thanks. As I said, I've been talking to some of my coworkers and they just can't get their hands around some of the terminology that we used to use. You know, when I was still a witness, none of it sounded strange but it all seems so 'cultish' now that I'm out. Funny how a few years away can give you some perspective.

Amazing - Thanks for your definitions, also. Interesting take on it via the Catholic church, BTW. One of the ladies I've been talking to is Catholic so this might just be the perfect way to explain it to her.

Thanks again,

Brian

• WinstonWigglesworth
    WinstonWigglesworth

Tahnks you've all cleard it up for me!! Next time I think I might choose a better thread title...I guess it didn't occure to me.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Just like Mr. Moe I prefer doggie style...only with me behind the wheel per se.

Missionary can be rather boring.

Lizard

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Body of Elders noun

Body of elders

Member of a governing body or ruling class made up of those whose gender or hypocrisy confers a special dignity on them.

• COMF
    COMF

Moe and Snot: of course we love doggie style! ...but it's unacceptable for true Christians, as it emulates the behavior of unthinking animals. Paul warned against the "soulical" or animalistic tendencies of the flesh... blah blah blah

I could do up a satire of a Watchtower article about it, but I just can't be bothered. I'm waiting for the movers to come haul my lovely furniture out of this temporary abode and into my lovely new home. Woohoo!

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

COMF...My husband just asked me if the society condemned doggy style...we were just discussing it. I said Itnever occurred to me to ask that one. Is it really written somewhere that it is immitation of animals, as it is written that oral sex emulates homosexuals? Or was that hyperbole on you part?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit