Is Winter Over Yet?????

by Thirdson 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Despite the ranting in some of the posts on this board I thought today was a good day.

Today, March 1 (for me still right now) can be regarded as the first day of spring unless you’re a stickler for changing the season on the equinox. Today was the first morning in umpteen days that I woke to outside temperatures above 0 degrees. For non-Americans using Celsius that is above –18 C. When I went outside the sun was shining and the call of Redwing blackbirds could be heard. Despite the fact that nominally there are 24 inches of snow on the ground and the snow bank along my drive is 4 feet high it felt different this morning. Maybe it was the bright sun. Maybe it was that my nostrils didn’t stick together when I inhaled, or maybe it was the sound of the birds…but today felt different, it felt good to be alive, it felt like the dark days of winter were coming to an end.

I know I have spent most of my life wishing away my days. I couldn’t wait to leave school, I couldn’t wait for this system to end. I can’t wish for winter to be gone any sooner. But on days like today I felt happy just to be alive and reflect on all the good things that I have in this life, my life, maybe the only life I will have. I enjoy my life, I have many blessings, I try, despite my constant looking forward, to enjoy each moment that I can and thank God for everything I have.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• circare
    circare

Hi Thirdson,

Thank for your descriptive post of the morning in your part of the world. A great morning by the sounds of it! I also love those kinds of mornings and that great to be alive feeling. 'Aint life grand at times!

I like your outlook here Thirdson.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Meow!! My fur is shedding.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey thirdson,

another above freezing day today. i think spring IS on its way.

a fellow minnesotan,

harmony

• AuSet
    AuSet

You guys are Minnesotans too? We should all get together sometime! (After I can open my front door, of course, the drift blocking it is four feet high!)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's not the case in the magical land of Oz where winter is a thing of the past!

Ozzie (Wizard class)

• zev
    zev

The forcast for the next 3 days in my part of gods green planet is....
    SNOW!
    Which is fine with me.
    But in answer to your question....
    In New england {North-eastern US} winter has reared its ugly head yet again.

Cheers.

__

zev

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

PAH!!!

If you whinging Americans want to experience REAL winter, you should come to CANADA!

I just lost another arm to frostbite!

Third one this winter!!

Expatbrit.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Real winter? Hah! You Canadians know nothing of real winter. WE ARE NEW ENGLANDERS!! We get NorEasters!! Did you see the movie The Perfect Storm? Well, that's New England!!

Yep, sure is.

Bigamy--too many husbands; monogamy--same thing

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

PHOOEY!!!

I only live in Canada. Back in old blighty we have real EXTREME weather.

Stuff like, er... um... WIND.

YEAH! And FOG too! Real thick!

And....and... RAIN! Rain so hard it's just water with slots in it!

THAT'S WEATHER!!!!

Expatbrit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit