A Bible study with Moses!!

by roykaye 11 Replies latest jw friends

• roykaye
    roykaye

Hi guys

Last Sunday we had a visiting speaker. His subject was the resurrection. In the course of his talk he emphasied why personal study was important. He said that when Moses, Noah and Job were resurrected we would have to conduct Bible studies with them! I almost choked on that. He said if our Bible knowledge was weak we wouldn't be able to conduct Bible studies with the patriachs.

His reason was that Moses had to be taught about Jesus since he wouldn't know about the ransom. Noah had to be told about the earthly paradise and Job had to be educated about the resurrecion since he only had a vague idea of it. The elder said that since Moses was the meekest of all men, he wouldn't object to a Bible study.

I can tell you what Moses will say if you approach him with the 'Require' brochure. He will say: "Look here child, you forget that I gave you the 10 commandments. So please shove the brochure up your arse."! Of course, after saying that Moses will no longer inherit the earth since he will be disfellowshipped by the WTS for conduct unbecoming a Christian. Poor chap, losing the Promsed land a second time.

BTW, the speaker also made another announcement. He said that the resurection would follow the 'first in first out' pattern. This reason: those who die now are technologically superior. They know how to operate computers, and can build Kingdom Halls in one day. So to repopulate the earth this technical knowledge would be put to use. So those who die now will be resurrected first so they can teach the patriachs to operate computers (and maybe CD-Roms to research the WTS literature, sad that there will be no internet in Paradise since it will have been banned as a vestige of Satan's world).

Moses parted the Red Sea, struck water from the rock. Noah built the ark and we have to teach them how to operate computers and build quick-builts.

Roy

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

roykaye-

Your insight is appreciated. Nice points (i.e., Moses shoving the 'Require' brochure where the sun don't shine).

• cyrano
    cyrano

I think about how stupid but funny that is, then I realize the Jdubs actually believe that crap.

poor saps.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Cyrano,

What crap?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

That current teaching is a recycling of the old stuff that Rutherford promoted.

I burst out laughing when I read this in CoC; it is out of chapter 8:

From The Way to Paradise book: (please excuse typos)

We should, therefore, expect shortly after 1925 to see the awakening of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Melchiesedec, Job, Moses, Samuel, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, John the Baptist, and others mentioned in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews.

These will form a nucleus of the new kingdom on earth. One of the first things necessary will be to put Jerusalem in condition to be the capital of the world. this will necessiate a great deal of work, but there will be many willing workers.

The capital of every country should be in direct and quick communication with all parts of its territory. If Jerusalem is to be the capital of the world, it should be able to get into quick touch with every locality. Christ's kingdom is to undo in on thousand years all the evil brought about in the previous six thousand years. Old fashioned methods will not suffice. Already we see great changes coming in. The wireless and radio can carry messages half way around the world now; and by the time the princes are brought forth these individuals will be perfected to reach all the way around. The princes can easily radio their instructions to any part of the world. Think of Prince Abraham having some general insturctions to give, calling "Attention"; and all the people everywhere listening, and hearing every word he speaks, as easily as though he were addressing them from the platform of a public hall!

Of course if any one desires to visit Jerusalem and personally interview the princes, or if the princes should desire to make a personal inspection of some public work, aeroplanes will soon be so perfected that it will be a matter of but a few hours ride to any part of the earth to Jerusalem.

They may have amusing experiences at first; for they never say telephones, radios, automobiles, electric lights, aeroplanes, steam engines, and many other things so familiar to us.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I was laughing so hard, after reading this, I had to double check. Yes, this was Rutherford's view of things to come after armageddon!

He seemed to be of the belief that these "men of old" who will be princes, will enjoy all the we have today!!!! I wonder if Sarah will understand what a washing machine and dish washer are?

Hey WTBTS, DumbFucXs: that is why god is supposed to destroy the world...all the stuff!!! Don't you get it?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Rutherford is cool.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

is michael jackson cool too ?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Who is this Moses? That I should have a Bible Study with HIM?

• Matty
    Matty

This first in, first out rule is a common belief among witnesses. Just think, if you drop dead one second before Armageddon, then you will be resurrected one second after; you will be dead for only two seconds! You can see how imaginations can run riot.

The post Armageddon speculative frenzy is something no witness soiree is to be without. I remember conjecturising to death, all of the possible things that a biblical man of old might think about the world once resurrected.

To think, I could study with Abel, the very first Jehovahs Witness, and sadly, according to this rule, the very last person ever to be resurrected. He would have such a lot to catch up with, the poor thing!

Edited by - matty on 14 June 2002 17:25:47

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

if you go along with jw theology.. then all the above is quite logical...

and, in fairness -- most of the brothers when discussing something like this will use the word " may " as in " may be like this...."

that is the way it should be, since no-one knows for sure....!!

logically, if there is a resurrection to life on earth, we could expect a god with organised thinking to perform it in some logical way...

someone will be first.... someone will be last....

the fact, that i (or you) NO longer believe in god or a resurrection to earth OR heaven... does not make this teaching of jws, logical or illogical in itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit