JWs without Christ?

by cyrano 7 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrano
    cyrano

The all knowing watchtower geezers claim Christ is not the mediator for mostly all JWs:

Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind.
    He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. (Worldwide Security 1986, p10 par 1 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide)

Even though the bible clearly states otherwise:

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man,
    Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all[this
    is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.
    *** Rbi8 1 Timothy 2:5-6 ***

If Jesus is not the mediator with JWs, how can they pray to Jehovah since the bible clearly states no one can come to the Father except through Christ:

6 Jesus said to him: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one
    comes to the Father except through me.
    7 If YOU men had known me, YOU
    would have known my Father also; from this moment on YOU know him and have
    seen him. (Rbi8 John 14:6-7)

So, all you loyal dubs, how is it that JWs are able to pray??

Edited by - cyrano on 14 June 2002 13:14:10

• JAVA
    JAVA

Cyrano,

JWs don't need Jesus, they've got the Watchtower Society. Mommy Tower is their link to the angry Daddy Jehovah. The only time one hears the name Jesus at a Kingdom Hall is the obligatory tag at the end prayer-- the prayer thanking Daddy for Mommy, and the "spiritual food" out of The Watchtower.

Edited by - JAVA on 14 June 2002 14:28:30

Edited by - JAVA on 14 June 2002 14:30:25

• RR
    RR

Hmmm. ... do not the scriptures teach that Jesus is mediator between man and God?

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,." 1 Tim. 2:5

Edited by - RR on 14 June 2002 14:18:25

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey All,

Under what covenant is Jesus is the mediator of and to whom?

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

He's the mediator between Jehovah and the Onehundredandfortyfourthousand spiritanointed kingpriests, the so called New Covenant.

Didn't you know, Fred?

Astonished

LL

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

He he.

Jesus is the mediator for man- All people that accept him and such. I mean he's not the mediator for those who don't pray cuz theres no prayer to mediate.

Jesus is the new covenant forshadowed by the old covenant. All saved people from Christ on in are under the New Covenant and saved through it. The Old Testament faithful were saved by looking forward to and believeing in the comming messiah.(Hebrews 11) All the Jewish holidays and sacrifices were fulfilled in Christ. Rejecting Christ and the New Covenant is to choose to be judged according to the law -- this results in condemnation because no one can live up to being perfect.

To the JW, Christ only mediates the 144000 who therefore mediates the multitude. This is unscriptural but that hasn't stopped them before so why would it now? :(

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

That's what the Watchtower says,even though the Bible says different.I'm going to send out new light too.The New World's Translation of the Holy Scriptures,(nwt)IS not the Holy Bible.I have many reservations on the NIV,but it states the same on the mediator in any Holy Bible.

The NWT,1970 edition,even says in hebrews 1:6,of the angels worshipping Jesus.And in the big brown referense NWT on John 1:1,even though it has an,"a,"in it,the foot notes on the bottom of the page it still says,"God,"without the,"a."

So the light bulb,the new light,is still on.Is it getting brighter?

• RR
    RR

Actually, the NEW Covenant is the NEW Law Covenant, that God makes with the Nation of Israel and then the world, read Romans 11.

Christian aren't part of the new covenant, since Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant between God and man, and the Church is the body of Christ, then THE CHRIST which is Jesus the head and the Church his body are the mediator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit