God's will or free will?

by thinker 71 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wakeupcall
    wakeupcall

How about both! John 6:37: "All that the Father gives Me (predestination) will come to Me, and the one who comes (free will) to Me I will by no means cast out."

http://www.truthandgrace.com

• logical
    logical
    In addition, I believe it's entirely possible that God decided to send more than one "messenger" and write more than one book.

Yep, Jehovah sent more than one prophet. Many in fact. 66 books were written.

And, MDS is another in the long line of prophets. Test his message with the Bible. It all adds up correctly.

• Tina
    Tina

wow you believe THAt logical? lol............I have a bridge I'd like to sell you,or how about Week 53 of the wts timeshare? Goin ..goin.......Tina lol

• larc
    larc

Farkel, Focus, Ichey, Norm and other newbies,

I wonder what your thoughts are on this subject?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Tina,

I got your message at H20 and responded here since you said you were leaving there. You may not have recognized the mountain name "carmel".

still in my cave, mntzion, dba "carmel"

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Oh, Holy One!

Thank God for you. Without your wisdom I would never know the truth! You have cleared it all up for me. It's simple! Oh, how long I have wallowed in complete ignorance and shame. But now I have it all straight and will get everlasting life! Wow, what a heavy weight has been lifted from me. Of course, you must know that it was God's will that you posted this simple explanation of the truth. For a certainty you are a prophet and an instrument in the hand's of the Great Father and benevolent creator. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can go ahead and have children and teach them the absolute truth about life, You've empowered me, man! What a feeling! Yes!!!!

Forever grateful,

Sean

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Yes, Thinker. I am leaning in that same direction. I see the problems in accepting the "Bible" as God's "Word" the same as I do in accepting any other single source as God's instruction manual.

I also find it interesting that those who have abandoned the idea of the Bible as God's Word are the most reasonable and logical of all who post here. If God wanted to use some humans to explain his Word to the rest of us I doubt he would choose to use those who arogantly refuse to consider all questions in a reasonable fassion. When a reasonable thinker reads these types of discussions it becomes easier to accept that the Bible is not free from logical criticism, in spite of, and becasue of, the rhetoric coming from it's defenders.

Sean

• agent2863
    agent2863

Hi Thinker. When a certain event is set for the future, it doesn't guarantee your roll or participation in it. If you know three months from now there's a concert that's definitely coming to your town on a certain date, there can be a couple of different outcomes depending upon your response. Wether you choose to go or not, the event is still going to take place. The event happenning is not dependant upon wether you go or not. There is no loss of free will. If Christ says He coming back, you don't have to go with Him. You have a choice.

• The Quiet One
  • Terry
    Terry

EX pat brit, you're my kind of guy!

Cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit