did I miss the point

by DanTheMan 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Grout
    Grout

Dan: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Read the history of the Society, especially "The List" of quotes from WT publications. When you're done with that, you won't do much worrying about the WTBTS world view.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

gosh, dantheman...

that sorta sounded like an advertisement for the watchtower society.......... you know, stop complaining about everything......like the israelites and the manna.

are you suggesting christians should follow every wicked false prophet that comes along?......and they shouldn't complain?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

crawdad:

I didn't mean to sound like I was advertising for the Society. But you know how they repeat the examples of Biblical rebels again and again, in an effort to keep you in and unquestioning. I never realized how deeply those things had penetrated my mind until I left. The WT paints us as being disloyal, ungrateful, on and on. And for years of my life I really bought into the anti-apostate dogma (the whole "where else can I go" thing).

3 months ago, when I went online and learned all those things I never knew, or thought much about, it was so liberating. But now I'm faced with the "what now" and it is scary as hell.

I was venting some when I posted this topic. I have good and bad days, and that day was a bad one. Today was much better.

Thank you all for yor support.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi dan, ........ i know, ....... the watchtower turns it all around,...............in my opinion, basically "they" are korah.....

claiming to be chosen by god,... but having no credentials..... just a long list of failed predictions, and an organization full of victims, that are being silenced.

• talley
    talley

Hey dantheman, your instinct, logic and Bible knowledge are trying to push you in the right direction. To really crystalize your thought I would strongly recommend you read Raymond Franz's book 'Crisis of Conscience'. Contrary to the Org.'s slander, he presents the history and course of the WT and his experience with compassion, love, sound reason, much documentation and a great deal of scripture. His book will strengthen weak faith and confirm strong faith. Judy/talley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit