We did not knew it was a crime...

by Nowhere 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

unfortunately I can't even find 'pedophile' in any of my dictionaries. Does anybody know the history of pedophilia; or I should say the history of teh investigation and documention of pedophilia?

Let me guess...Freud didn't mention it. FIGURES.

A littel more in depth than naked baby boy angels please!!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I did find out one thing...pedophilia was in teh DSM-IV, the original one. And the interesting thing is, pedophilia was diagsnosed as a mental disorder, , and this is important...

SOLELY WITH THE PRESENCE OF FANTASIES, DREAMS, AND THINKING.

Even back then...(I'm guessing 1970's or so?) there was an anwareness of 'SOMETHING WRONG'.

It even apparently alluded to father/daughter incest as a 'situational' abuse and not necessarily pedophilia.

I can't comment on clinical value of that but just to point out tha they knew SOMETHING even back then.

It also mentions PEDERASTY which IS in my 1957 Dictionary. It says that this refers to men having a spicific type of sexual relationship with young boys, whereas teh DSM-IV states that pederasty refers to men having sex with pre-adolescent boys.

I have no access to a DSM-IV, does anybody else?

"Come Back, Come Back, Lady Lee Lady Lee."

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What exactly are you looking for?

Try this but I don't know if it what you want

http://findarticles.com/cf_dls/g2699/0005/2699000576/p1/article.jhtml?term=

Actually Freud did talk about this. In his early research he worked in the Saltpeterie and his job was to to autopsies on children that had been molested and then murdered

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

FYI,

I _did_ find one reference to an article that this 'Bethea-Jackson lady published in 1989...

But - as indicated by the title, it has to do with 'Juvenile Sex Offenders'...

B Bethea-Jackson, G and S. Brissett-Chapman (1989).
    The Juvenile Sexual Offender: Challenges to Assessment for Outpatient Intervention.
    Child and Adolescent Social Work, 6(2), 127-137.

Regards,

Jim TX

Edited by - Jim_TX on 13 June 2002 21:47:27

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Well, it looks like this doctor whats-her-name is trying to say that they didn't realize 20 years ago that peophiles were obsessed and would reoffend over and over until they were physically stopped. That what it looks like to me she's trying to say. That information wasn't available, according to her. I guess they thought all child abuse was 'situational' .

I was looking for something that says the opposite, what did Freud have to say? That was a long time ago, that would DEFINITELY put the lie to things.

I was just remembering movies about teh 1800's and the early 1900's in America. When someone was accussed of hurting a child, they would try and kill the perpetrator, lynch them sometimes? I'm sure becasue of teh enormity of teh crime, but could it be that even these simple folk all those years ago were awar of the recidivism of these kinds of people?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Or maybe it was okay for several thousand years to rape your own child, but not okay to rape somebody elses.

"You can't have mine, go git yer own"...

sheesh

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Try a search on Virginia Woolf and sexual abuse and Freud and sexual abuse.

Woolf was sexually abused by her much older brothers - by that time Freud had denied sexual abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It might also be interesting to do a search on pedophilia and the ancient Greeks

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

You know...

In NO way am I 'defending' the JWs - but think about it fer a second.

In the bible - which they seem to 'hold high' for their guidance and direction...

In Genesis, there were some pretty perverted folks... Lot fer instance... Genesis 19: - when them angels visited him and the folks from Sodom, wanted to have sex with them.

Lot pretty much wants to hand over his own virgin daughters to the mob!?! Never understood that. (Unless Lot was a sicko perverted person.)

Then later... his own daughters get him rip-roaring drunk... and HAVE SEX with their own father!!! (Personally... I think that whole family had problems...and don't even try to tell me that I 'missed the point' of that scripture.)

So - any JW who has read the bible... may think it's OK to be perverted. It's in the bible, you know.

(Ok - stretching a point... I know... but... well, I'll be quiet now...)

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit