Paedophilia - BBC Documentary - Horrific

by ChristianObserver 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello :o(((((

I have just watched about half of part 2 of the BBC documentary on the pursuit of paedophiles in the UK.

I couldn't watch all of it because it churned my stomach completely.

I was completely shocked by what I saw and I was horrified by the lack of remorse shown by a paedophile who had been abusing children for 25 years who kept trying to change the subject to a discussion of female circumcision.

The sentences were minimal with 6 years for this particular abuser. He will be out in 3 years no doubt. The detectives involved were appalled at the leniency shown by the judges and the *credit* given by them to the abusers for such actions as pleading guilty, attending re-hab etc!

The interview with his niece who had been abused by him from the ages of 4 - 8 years will remain with me forever. Those who are *judging* in these cases should see the suffering, the grief and the psychological destruction that the victims have undergone.

It is immeasurable; it is indescribable; and it is permanent.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{to all silent and not so silent lambs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

'Innocence lost can never be regained'

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

can someone over there get a videotape copy into our hands? I have PAL capability and so do a few others I think. It can go on cd.

• Latte
    Latte

I have just watched it also.

I feel helpless...........

To those that ARE doing something about this issue, in however small a capacity, please keep doing it!

I am glad that the police were able to get this aired, hopefully these evil people will get their just deserts sooner....if not later.

Latte

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello Dungbeetle :o)

I'm afraid that I didn't tape it and I missed part 1 last week.

I remember that Home_and_Dry taped last week's part for a relative, but I don't know about this week's episode.

Does anyone in the UK know if we can get hold of a copy to send to the States?

Here is a link to an outline of the programmes [hope it works!]:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_2027000/2027864.stm

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Whoops!

Forgot to mention that freephone numbers for victim helplines were flagged at the end of the programme.

It took 23 years for the victim whom I mentioned above to come forward. I hope that the provision of helplines will enable victims to get some much needed help to deal with their trauma - and will *pinpoint* more paedophiles.

• termite 35
    termite 35

I feel sick now-

It was horrendous.

The word 'child abuse' is read by so many so often, but a programme like this reminds you just how vile it is...

I can't help thinking it was unnecessarily graphic though...I had to keep turning over...What the hell was that clip at the end in there for?I nearly threw up.

What was the point of putting that in?Irresponsible to say the least;what if some peodophile was watching it and got a kick out of that poor little boys terror?

SICK

The media are nearly as sick in their own way-I won't watch it next week-that was out of order.

• Latte
    Latte

Termite,

I know what you mean, the thought crossed my mine too....that other pedos' will get a kick out of it. I just hope that people/mum's become more aware of the dangers out there.

I really think that we don't know the half...

By the way did you notice the guy who was arrested as he was leaving for 'church'? Also, the operation was called 'door knock'

Just makes me wonder..........!

Latte

• Latte
    Latte

Termite,

The 'clip' at the end will def. keep me up tonight....:(

Latte

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello Termite and Latte :o)

There was much shown that I thought unnecessary - the clip at the end and the photographs!

Reading the background to the programme, it occurred to me that the clips were included initially in order to show the terror and pain on the victims' faces (contrary to what was being claimed by the paedophiles), but then the faces had to be pixelled out in order to hide the identity of the victims.

But I share your fears and your disgust :o(((((

Edited to say that wasn't strong enough!

Edited by - ChristianObserver on 13 June 2002 19:9:17

• ISP
    ISP

termite....the clip at the end will start next weeks programme. It is so bad....but there is a clear shot of the criminal. So hopefully he is dogmeat. (I think he is)

ISP

Edited by - ISP on 13 June 2002 19:47:29

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit