Watchtowers million dollar scam

by GeddyLee 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello GeddyLee,

thanks for sharing this piece with us.

" So in summary they got our donations of half a million dollars, they got the proceeds from the sale of the halls of about 1.2 million, then they are getting another half million over twenty years with interest added on to boot, and they have ownership of the new hall, and the local pee-ons still have to pay for the maintenance and upkeep."

It's revolting ...and they write about donation for the"...poor " brothers and sister i

n African and Latin American countries!!! It reminds me of the multimillion dollars

Hawai's Conference Center (it's where Barry Lloyd died during a DC ..talk).

I'm sure that multi- millions dollars empire one day ..will crumble!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey GeddyLee....Enjoyed your post....your experience sounded very familiar...I was envolved with an identical situation...wonder if it's the same place...when I left the area there were six Cong's in the building and the building was on about 27 acres of land that the WTS is keeping in their pocket for future possible Assembly Hall...also there were 2 apartments above the KH's that they were collecting rent on.....Sound like the same joint???....Keep posting....I'm not really new to the boards...I've posted under my wife's user name....thought I'd become official....LOLOL....we go back about 3-1/2 years of posting...it's changed hands a few times.....Later.....CC

• JT
    JT

And the kickers is that if the KH or the Elders come under legal fire, Crookland will back off with its hands in the air claiming that the congregation is acting independently.

####

SO TRUE INDEED

What get me is that the "Brothers" went along with it out of "loyalty" - no questions asked. I have seen something similar too... when a KH is built, it is built using local funds, then ownership is handed over the WTS.

########

you got to love , the way we were lead, the bro are asked:

brothers we have 2mill in the bank would you perfer that we sent it to bethel and they made use of it while we are raising the rest for the hall, the other 4 congo have agreed to send the money so by a show of hands how many of you are in favor of sending the money to bethel to use for the furtherance of the good news of the kingdom., could one of the MS get a hand count

all in favor- 136 all oppose - 0

thank you bro and we can rest assured that slave will put it to good use

and that is HOW IT HAPPENS EVERY WEEK IN SOME KH

• JT
    JT

THE COMMENT WAS MADE:

So the Watchtower has made many a witness feel that they have got to give their wealth to them and the hell with their immediate family. Oh well. Listen to me I sound bitter, I guess a little but I try not to be.

#######

THIS IS so true for many like this dear lady, many jw will thier good to bethel upon death and leave thier kids nothing

yet if they get sick the wt has instructed all elders to tell the person GO TO YOUR KIDS yes the ones you cut out of the will you had when the Dot. com companies were hot now that you have lost all your stock and are broke go to your kids

caes in point, my mom hall a pioneer sister had a daughter who got pregnant at 17 -and was dfed

the elders and co gave the sister 2 choices kick the girl out or lose you pioneer card

she kicked the girl out FAST FORWARD some 21 yrs later, no contact no hear from, not trying to find her daughter

she falls on hard times- she has been off the poineer list for over 10yrs back to being a joe flunky publisher, no longer a shining star on the wt top producer sales team, goes to the elders for help

YOU GUESED IT they told her to got to her family first HER DAUGHER over 21 yrs of no contact

she sat in my moms house and told my mom this account and just broke down in tears,

yes wt at it's best

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow I posted something about this in here earlier today. Thanks for confirming it. I suspected as much from wow 30 years ago. They've been doing this for 30 years or more and they make the r&f think they don't have any money

shame on them

a pox on them

Ok now I feel old

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I stumbled across this older, and very interesting thread! You just have to ask, "Where the heck is all the money going???"

What the heck have they done with it all.... ???

• prologos
    prologos

GeddyLee
    13 years ago

back from Crooklyn, and are paying it back over twenty years at 6% interest.

fast forward to 2015, now it is not 20 years but payments in perpetuity, because the overlapping will never stop

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Good thread! Nice find. Marked.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Wonder why they dropped the interest and finally loans all together? This also shows how they keep playing the broke card.
  • Listener
    Listener

Crazyguy, more than likely, dropping interest charges were due to changes in legislation. If they were loaning money and requiring interest then they would be seen to be a loan company and be subject to stringent requirements and possibly taxation. It is possible that legislation was further refined and it didn't matter if they were charging interest or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit