april 15th simplified why is the article dissfelowship a loving arrangement missing

by poopie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    Thoghts
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Lol, good catch. The disfellowshipping article is in the regular study edition, but not the simplified. Probably because it takes too many words and lots of stretching to come up with their explanation, something that isn't ever simple to explain. There aren't any examples of people being shunned in the Bible that I can think of. No mention of the word "disfellowship" that I've seen. Nothing simple to point to. It requires mental gymnastics and kind of a "because we say so" attitude to really grasp the concept.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

When the shunning arrangement is put in very simply language is sounds very cold, blunt and disturbing. It's hard to get simple euphemisms to cover over the evil of shunning.

But I have a theory that Watchtower plans to use exclusively the simplified edition for that month in countries where the contents of Watchtower literature is under government scrutiny for things like extremism and hate speech.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Because simplified is for newbies. They dont want them to know the concequences of signing the billion year contract now do they? ??
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes this loving arrangement has resulted indirectly and instigated in many suicides by families being broken apart .

This surely is loving in the eyes of humanity

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FMF: They dont want them to know the concequences of signing the billion year contract now do they?

The billion year contract is for Scientologists.

That's too short for JWs, they want FOREVER!

• hoser
    hoser
    I saw something like this in the simplified last year. There was an article in the study edition about reaching out to be an elder or ministerial servant that did not appear in the simplified. I guess they don't want simple minded people to reach out.
  • clarity
    clarity

I guess it is pretty hard to explain that hate is love!

That hurtful, rude, bullying behavior is love!

"Isaiah 5:20 (CJB) Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who change darkness into light and light into darkness, who change bitter into sweet and sweet into bitter! "

• Elisa1966
    Elisa1966
    The article is also missing in the French simplified Watchtower.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

The article is also missing in the French simplified Watchtower.

What happened to receiving the same spiritual food all over the world at the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit