Dedicated

by joelbear 14 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I have a question for the group.

I am wondering if anyone has ever had a dedication and baptism successfully anulled.

I clearly recall that I did not answer the 2 questions when asked with the baptismal group. I have an enormously strong aversion to lying and I knew that I was a homosexual and therefore didn't feel like I could answer the questions truthfully even though I was a virgin.

If I was never dedicated in Jehovah's eyes how can I be disfellowshipped in his eyes. I never took the vow, so doesn't that basically just make my baptism meaningless. Add this to the fact that I was one emotionally screwed up 14 year old when I was dunked. I was baptized due to peer pressure. I was the only teenager in my group of friends not baptized.

Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

hugs to all

Joel

• Simon
    Simon

It may depend on where you live...
    Legally, I dont think a 14 year old can join an organisation, but then they dont claim that you did, even though they do claim it when they need to (if that makes any sense)
    Sorry, that's probably not much use is it?

• somebody
    somebody

hi joelbear,

:I am wondering if anyone has ever had a dedication and baptism successfully anulled.

The only time in the Bible that anyone was allowed to be rebaptized, was if they weren't baptized in the Holy Spirit. I can find the book and the scriptures if you'd like. From what I've read in the Bible, no one can have it anulled if they were baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. I will look into the subject though.

peace,
    sombody

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

i do not think that your baptism was a true baptism(you did not dedicate your self to GOD) but in the eyes of the jw's, you made a public declaration,and you did not agree with the questions asked before the dunking, sooooo
    imho...you were not really baptised...just publicly dunked. however i think that if you leave( or have left) the org, it is null and void any how..and your are future buzzard pikkins.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Since I don't believe in God, It is irrelevant if I was baptized in his name.

We are all future buzzard pikkins. Haven't you seen Lion King yet?

hugs to all

Joel

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Joel: There is no provision as of yet for anullment of baptism and/or dedication. I once asked a C.O. about a particular publisher that was smoking and I reminded the C.O. that this pubisher was baptized at a very young age and that they never did really know what they were doing because the parents were not all that active anyway. My point was that this person didn't know what they were doing when they got baptized and that it was unfair to DF them. He just shook his head and said that was the way things were.
    I'ts very interesting, however, that some witnesses get re-baptized because they feel their first baptism was not valid and this is accepted although those same witnesses would be df'd in a heartbeat regardless of how they feet about their baptism.
    It would be interesting to send this question in to the Society and see what they say.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• NikL
    NikL

Hi Joel,
    I am not sure why you even care about having a baptism anuled if you don't even believe in God. Just curious I suppose. Well I do know of a couple of guys in my congregation when I was growing up that got disfellowshipped but than it was decided that they had gotten baptised before they were old enough to understand it and the elders changed it from disfellowshipping to public reproof or something like that. That was kind of like having it anuled.
    Best wishes,
    Nick

• joelbear
    joelbear

I care because my status via the manmade rules of a magazine printing business affects my relationship with friends and family.

• NikL
    NikL

And that is a shame...that your friends and family will overlook the person that you are and punish you because some man made organisation says to.
    Maybe you can approach the elders and say you didn' understand what you were doing like you did here. My feeling is that they will not be very helpful especially since you want no part of their org.
    I feel for you bro. It sure aint fair.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hi JB Its a catch-22 for sure...the JWs will be the first ones to say to you that scripture that says "if they go out from us then they were never part of us" (badly paraphrased)so how can someone who leaves ever have been an actual member if leaving disavows their membership to begin with? I wonder how they register all of this and still sleep at night. If you were baptized as I was on June 1, 1985, your questions were totally different than the ones even the prior weekend to that...constantly changing to suit the legalities of the Society. Mine included vowing allegiance to the Society and sorta left out the Father Son and Holy Smokes, Batman, all together. I, too was baptized because my "friends" said they could no longer associate with me if I didnt. At age 30 freshly divorced and having been successfully ripped away from all friends and family members outside the org, I was terrified I would be alone again...so I did it. Now as an apostate, I am accused of never having BEEN a JW by the very elder and his wife who studied with me, did my baptismal talk, my marriage talk and whom I named my kids after. NEVER WAS ONE?? So why are they treating me like horse pucky? Either I WAS and now am NOT or NEVER WAS and now CONTINUE TO NOT BE a JW.

They make up the rules as they go along JB...and the guy with the ball is makin up the game. They can disfellowship you on the grounds of "appearance of improprieties" or "behavior not befitting a Christian" on little or no evidence of said impropriety...and apparently they can say you WERE baptized just because you appeared to go through the process using the same cockameemie set of rules.

The rank and file are more afraid of being rejected by Brooklyn's Billionaire Boys Club than they are of losing their own family members. I see it every day when I see my husband shunning his own mother whom I KNOW he loves dearly.

They are WACKED. At least you have your integrity hon. They dont know the meaning of the word.

Loves
    "My task is to bear witness to the truth. For this was I born for this I came into the world, and ALL who are not deaf to truth listen to my voice" - Jesus before Pilate, John 18:37

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit