JWs Are The Smartest People on Earth

by comforter 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

comforter is just pulling your leg guys!!! at least i hope so!!!

• AlanF
    AlanF

It's amazing that Comforter sets himself up as such an easy mark.

: I have been a jw for decades.

Your untouchable intelligence speaks for that.

: Some of the smartest people I know are jws.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're bottom fishing for acquaintances.

: Not only are jw writers (Stafford, Carr, and Furuli) intelligent,

They have a measure of intelligence alright. Stafford's recent book shows he's smart enough to have seen behind the curtain. Furuli is smart enough to follow. Carr, on the other hand, is a wife abuser according to some of his former relatives. He's on his 4th wife now, having abused the other three to the point where they gave up on him. Carr's writings show that he's far smarter in his own mind than in others' minds. He's such a nitwit that he thinks the degree he got his diploma-mill Ph.D. in, "Computer Information Science", is anything but gobble-de-goop.

: but other jws are wise and discreet also (You Know).

You Know has intelligence of a sort, but The Rain Man had a similar sort.

: Where do they get their intelligence from, you ask.

We didn't, but it certainly wasn't from reading The Watchtower, much less Awake!.

: The Bible says that God blessed Solomon with wisdom and insight into all areas of life, including biology and zoology.

Let's not start in on the Bible's notions of biology and zoology, unless you want to hear things you'd rather not. Bible writers knew no more and no less than other writers of their time.

: Today God's people are blessed with insight and understanding.

That leaves JWs pretty much out in the cold, then.

: They are wise, the smartest people on earth, because they know how to apply divine knowledge.

The stupidest people on earth think they're smart. This applies to JW leaders especially. While a few JWs here and there manage to retain a certain native intelligence, too long an immersion in the cult damages the brain to the point where they qualify as leaders.

: That is why I have seen jw apologists turn jw detractors every which way but loose on debate boards.

Uh huh. And Carr is a moral man, too. The only boards where JW apologists normally win debates are those where they have the ability to boot off the winners. Of course, we're talking about winning debates through logic and reasoned presentation of facts. The typical JW apologist, confronted with a question he knows he can't answer, will either disappear for awhile and then return, claiming victory, or will derail the topic by introducing so many extraneous subjects that the original topic is lost, and then convince himself that he's won. Kind of like what you're doing in this thread. Keep dis up, comfy, and ya'll'll come fames.

AlanF

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    Jw's are so intelligent because of the shape of their heads. See "The drawing power which the almighty exercises over humanity is in different degrees. Some have a strong desire to worship God, others have a weak desire, and others have no desire at all. This difference is due to the shape of the brain. Mankind are born with differences in this respect."
    The Watch Tower, March 15, 1913, p84.
    Russell's character, it turns out, was impeccable. He had a good head, so it was said.
    "A dear brother who is a phrenologist, speaking of brother Russell, said the Lord knew perfectly well when he picked out that head, that there was not one iota of self-love in his make-up." 1911 Convention Report, p281.

Saint:

Don't pull these types of quotes out without proper warning next time.. I literally fell out of my chair laughing when I read this (I'm fighting with very sore ribs at the moment while I'm trying to type this -- tears too)

All I can picture is a group of coneheads around a conference table in a smoke filled room in Brooklyn.. I'll never be able to picture the GB the same way again!

This just in: A sneak peak at the qualities a GB's head must posess before being able to serve.

Observe the perfect 'pyramid' type shape, and you can just see that these people don't have one iota of self-love

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 13 June 2002 3:21:17

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 13 June 2002 3:22:14

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 13 June 2002 3:27:44

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Perhaps one of our former-JW posters can tell me what the bags over the heads and disguises are for.
    I'm truly curious.

ROFL

Yeah right! And I've heard that fat ducks fart underwater....

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Opps .. How did a AOL JW convention quote end up here .. LOL

Ok the Fat ducks remark was for comforter .. my computer has demons .. lol

~Bugs

• cornish
    cornish

Marilyn

Quote,,,,,,,,I agree - they are way out in front of other people in applying for Government handouts and allowances. They make the poor and down trodden look complete dimwits in this one area alone,

So true,they dont miss anything on that one,got the social benefits system off to a fine art.

• SYN
    SYN

The only smart JW is an XJW.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Some of the smartest people I know are jws

They are? Then how come you are a bull-blown moron?

Farkel

• Francois
    Francois

Oh, yeah? Then how come the J-Dubs wanted to debate everybody in sight back in the 30s, and claimed that because the clergy wouldn't come out and debate 'em, that proved they were false? And now, after repeated invites, the GB won't poke they big noses out long enough to debate just little ol' me?

And I invited ALL of 'em, including their lawyers. But still they won't come out and debate like men.

It doesn't matter about your willingness to debate. You don't represent anyone but yourself. I want BIG GAME, not rodents.

And if you're joking you're doing a great yob.

FT

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

JWs are the smartest people on earth

That is about the most pathetic line I have heard in my entire lifetime.

Recent research showed that 95% of Jehovah's Witnesses DO NOT have a college education.

This is to be expected, after all, their doctrine for several decades DISCOURAGED such a course of action.

As another timely thread pointed out, the Witchtower and Afake magazine are semimonthly scientific journals which are far superior to any education you could receive in a "worldly" college institution.

Look at our resident board JW's and JW-apologists.

Let us see, we have YouKnow, who is about as delusional and self-absorbed as one can possibly get. When confronted with quotes from the WTBTS literature and direct quotes coming from his own mouth that expose his religion's hypocrisy and his own deception, he avoids the topic at hand altogether in debate and resorts to name calling. NOW THAT IS the mark of an educated man.

We also have MavMan. This individual returns to JW.com every few months under a different persona with new stories completely filled with lies to tell. He adamantly supports the WT religion, yet he still has failed the simple concept of being truthful. THAT is an educated person.

There are many others, but last but not least we have YOU comforter. Making categorical claims based on assumptions with no substantiated facts is a sign you are well-informed.

In fact, to state unequivocally that JW's are far superior to any other individuals on earth when YOU have obviously not met or held conversation with most of the 6 MILLION JW's worldwide, and you have also NOT been to college or university to receive a general education in religion, philosophy, literature, art, and the like.. you are making a statement you claim as fact, without having researched the backgrounds of the people you so swiftly label.

JW's ARE the smartest people on earth. You are testament to this. Thank you for showering us with your superior intelligence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit