Ask 60 Minutes II to do a show on WTS

by abbagail 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ed Bradley did a one hour special tonight (it aired 8 pm EDT, Wed.) re: Catholic Church sex abuse scandal. It was EXCELLENT. It was great to hear the former attorneys speaking out, one who had defended a priest when he was a young attorney of 37 years old, but no more, he says, since "he has seen too much." His words were something like this, and they ring true for WTS as well, imho, "Back then I thought it was one aberrant individual. Then I saw it was an underground cult within the church. Now I realize it's an entire culture within the church."

The other attorney who spoke used to work on behalf of the church, but no longer. He couldn't stomach it any more, either, as he said in all the legal meetings he attended, it was all about money, the media, the image, etc., (sound familiar?) but never a mention of concern for the victims.

There was one loving bishop who emitted great empathy, I thought. I hope his fellow heirarchal slaves listen to him.

The three (now grown) victims Ed Bradley interviewed were wonderful and expressed themselves excellently and truthful. The pain is still evident in their eyes and faces.

It is so despicable, it's beyond words. These slimeballs who bring God himself into the conversation with the little child as he is actually molesting them... Has anything ever been done under the sun more despicable than that?

The Highlight of the show, imo, was near the end of the show, the attorney speaking about the RICO (?) law which he and 5 other atty's in the country are using to sue the church, racketeering, obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence. It makes so much sense! I hope they can use this law (originally enacted to use against the mafia/mob).

Now why am I posting this? Because at the cbs.com website there is a short form you can fill out regarding this show to give your opinion. I think we all should fill out the form and say, Ed, please go to silentlambs and begin investigating the WTS and the 23,000 names on file which they have, etc. Talk about obstruction of justice (horboring criminals, hiding evidence, etc.)!

GRITS

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I would love to know why RICO can't be used against the Watchtower.

Watchtower was stupid enough to put it's polciies IN WRITING...in the two 'org' books, the 'elders' book, and all those Watchtowers. You don't even need the BOE letters, slthough of course they can't hurt.

1) When a JW commits a crime, TELL THE ELDERS

2) When a JW commits a crime, DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE. period. CONCEAL THE CRIME This policy is in WRITING dating all the way back to the 1960's and before.

3) When you tell the elders of the crime committed YOU ARE TO DO NOTHING ELSE. Zilch. Nada. Zero. Speak to no on, go to no one.

I don't see the problem here with suing Watchtower.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi little old me,

you think the catholic church is "honestly" trying to do something about the pedophile problem?

ya.......they sure are......... do you know why????

look at the news everyday!........catholic pedophile priests are being dragged into court, one by one........

lawyers are winning in court, and they are getting "huge" settlements.........

lawyers are going to go after every pedophile in that organization,..... making big bucks......

that's what is solving the problem..............and jws are next in line...........hahahaha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit