Now That England Knows

by Kenneson 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

With the revelation of child molestation within the Jws in the U.S. going public in Great Britain, do the U.K. membership on this Board feel that there is a problem in that country? And do you think that Jws will come forward there, if there are pedophiles? What about Australia, has the word gotten there yet?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/child/story/0,7369,730601,00.html

"Sect demands biblical proof"

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

Certainly, i have no authority on this, other than my own opinion but i feel that here in the UK alot of JW's don't really know what is going on it the nearest neighbouring congregation, let alone in another country. For those that are aware of what is happening in America, I suspect they tend to dismiss it as something not particularly relevent to JW's in the UK.

I've got no grounds for this feeling, I just sense that kind of attitude. I think that if a UK documentary was aired along the lines of Dateline, then they would finally sit up and take notice, but until then, most carry on to live in blissful ignorance and don't realise that THEIR OWN congregation might just have this very same problem that 'could only happen in America'.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

No announcement my end of oz as yet. I'm assuming the wtbts will try and keep it all in america and try not to let the scandal leak into other countries....

They are trying to localize the brothers now. No more international conventions I'm sure! No more international internet brotherhood! Stick with your local congregation instead, at least you know THEY are mature, pious, christians.....yeah right!

• abbagail
    abbagail

ChristianObserver, Senior Member wrote:

"The more superior you feel, the production of evidence to the contraryresults ina more dramatic fall!"

VERY WELL SAID indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit