Raymond Franz and Ted Jaracz

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Melita Jaracz' life story (September 15, 2015 Watchtower) said her husband Ted Jaracz died on Wednesday, June 9, 2010.

This was exactly one week after Raymond Franz died on Wednesday, June 2, 2010.

Jaracz once helped to "kill" Franz. Did Franz' death help to kill Jaracz?

Jaracz existed to corrupt whoever was good in the Organization. What we have today is the fruits of Jaracz' labors: the current Governing Body. Perhaps after Jaracz heard of Franz' death his body gave way to the stroke that killed him.

• airborne
    airborne
    If anyone has any stories about Ted Jaracz I would love to hear them.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I've heard people say Jaracz was one of the more liberal GB members which is odd because I always thought he came across as kind of an asshole.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Jaracz and Henschel were two of a kind. Dispassionate pragmatists "Towering" over the lives and rights of others for the well-being of the WT Organization.

• sir82
    sir82

I've heard people say Jaracz was one of the more liberal GB members

Huh???

????

Well, "liberal" in the sense that Rush Limbaugh is "liberal". Or Rick Santorum.

Where on earth did you hear that?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

While i appreciate a good bit of irony linking the two deaths is tenuous at best. Franz was far removed from wt world and not even a blip on the radar screen of teddy jaracz.

Obvioisly i never served with jaracz on a BOE but having meet him he was an ass in person, i doubt he was less so in an elders meeting. I also "knew" (in the sense i was a young kid and he talked to me frequently at breakfast) Henschel and was indeed a pragmatist but always nice to a kid with no possible ulterior motive

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Rutherford started the Org across the bridge to authoritarianism.

Ray Franz realized it about halfway across but wasn't able to turn things around.

Jaracz brought the Org the rest of the way, and burned the bridge behind him.

• steve2
    steve2

In his younger days, Jaracz cut a dashing figure. He stood out as a damn good looking man. His stern gaze turned more than heads.

By contrast, Ray Franz's above average height and stick-out ears gave him a gangly, goofy appearance. Ray would have found out early that what's outside doesn't matter and that it's what's on the inside that counts. Good lookers don't get to realize that - at least not until later years.

It is no coincidence that a man who was so slickly good-looking as Jaracz should choose an award-winning hair dresser as his wife. A man's got to look after his appearance after all. I can see her fussing over his appearance and his weakly fighting off her womanly attentions (Aw shucks!).

I have a bright memory of Jaracz addressing the international convention in Christchurch New Zealand in 1973. He gave an interview to the Christchurch Press newspaper and made the front page with his crisp denunciation of the United Nations and the churches of Christendom. And, with his jet-black, swept back hair, he gave a television interview.

To me, a man that good looking can say anything and do anything and I will follow. With that kind of outlook, it is no wonder sisters looked at me sideways, cutting in to block my access to the few good looking husbands still in the organization.

While I would take my hat off in the presence of Jaracz's hair-stylist wife, I would take far more off for her now deceased man but I draw the line at full compliance to the organization he helped shape and further dehumanize.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Steve2,

Jaracz' beady eyes would have prevented me from being attracted to him, big time. Big beautiful eyes are my weakness something, among other great traits, my late wife had.

Frank

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "In his younger days, Jaracz cut a dashing figure. He stood out as a damn good looking man. His stern gaze turned more than heads."

Truly, he's had his reward in full.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit