OMG, I’m gonna get Old and Die.

by John Aquila 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It was a shocking realisation!

I am still angry over the widespread deception of the orgs teachings, and the way it has messed up so many peoples lives.

BUT, I am now more conscious than ever to ENJOY EVERY DAY in some way! Yes, to find the happy things in each day. To try and be a happy influence on all around me, and to see THE POSITIVES we all have in our daily lives.

I HATE it when I hear witnesses just repeat by rote the expression "life is hard in this old system etc" I remind them that it could be a lot worse if they were born in another part of the world!!

Therefore, ENJOY each day like it was your last. Make someone else's day happy! That is my motto!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just let me add this. I don't know if there is life after "death." I can't disprove it, but I can't prove it either.

I have decided not to worry about it. If it exists, fine. If not, then I won't know, because I'll be dead. You know what? Non-existence can't be that bad. Going back to the Universe is pretty cool.

I try not to compare my life with anyone else. I'm just trying to "be" and live.

I'll tell you something more, I'm glad I know TTATT. I'm getting prepared for the rest of my life. I have options now. I won't be caught off guard like so many. Imagine the horror of realizing that you will die, MOMENTS before you do! It happens to dubs all the time.

I'm making peace with death. Part of that process is not wasting life. Our "now" comes from our past, but will affect our future. So we can't live in the past, and like J-dumbs, we can't squander the "now" for the future, because what we do now is our "future!"

You dig?? Are you pickin' up what I'm layin' down??

DD

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    DATA-DOG

I freaked out a bit when learning TTATT. It's been a couple of years, and I've gained some perspective.

Before calming down a bit, I would have panic attacks ( small ones ) where , "Omg!! I....AM....GOING....TO....DIE.." raced through my head. I would drink quite a bit, and lie in the fetal position, sometimes for hours.

Well its good to know I wasn't the only one going through that. Heck, i wasn't sure if I was finally losing it and I was about to change my residence.

• fulano
    fulano

It's all so sad.

I hate my parents, but my mother was raised a jw. So what is she thinking about here jw parents. I got a life at 40, zero money. All expectations vanished. No family supporting, because yo left the truth. Now a new wife and daughter, let's say I'll have another 35 years to live, but why keep on living?

• shadow
    shadow

1 Corinthians 15:16-19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

I used to have ALL the answers, now I'm not sure if I have ANY answers. I still reject evolution as illogical. If I believed it then life would be utterly futile both as individuals and as a species. So, I choose to still believe in God and hope there is more than this life, though I'm getting old and probability of death is greatly increased.

It's hard for me to understand why there are so many atheists\evolutionists on this board. Makes me wonder how much faith was there in the first place. Humans are so feeble and insignificant, to pretend to have the intelligence to rule out creation and existence of creator seems the height of hubris. I think I'd be in total despair if I accepted their opinions.

Sure, I'm convinced about some parts of TTAT but not giving up on the basics of hoping for a new world. Feel free to call me a fool for it.

• cofty
    cofty

It's a tough thing to come to terms with.

Life is awesome though. Reality is endlessly more interesting and rewarding than superstitious fantasies about eternity.

My only regret is all the amazing things I will never learn, all the discoveries that will happen after I am gone. We are living in the most wonderful time in all of human history. For the past 2 years I get life handed out in 6 month packages from CT scan to CT scan. With that crucial phone call every October and April I reminded how good life is.

The utopian dream of the cult is the biggest, most damaging lie. Life is not, never was, and never will be perfect. Shit happens but we are the lucky ones, We are here. Enjoy the good stuff and stop hankering for impossible dreams.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    fulano

It's all so sad. ..... but why keep on living?

Because good surprises come when you least expect them.

The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Cofty, for what it's worth I love you man. We do not believe the same but in the end it matters little.

If I could, I would buy you a beer and say: Keep Going! Cheers!!

Frank

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    cofty

Life is awesome though.....My only regret is all the amazing things I will never learn, all the discoveries that will happen after I am gone. We are living in the most wonderful time in all of human history.

I feel the same way, I have been learning so much this past year and have become aware of how so much more there is to learn. In about 150 years we have seen inside heating and cooling, telephones, flying the skies in huge airplanes, internet, organ transplants, anything the imagination can conjure up brought to life in movie theaters. I can only imagine what life will be like 200 years from now.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cheers Frank. Life is good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit