Wanted to Share a Watchtower Quote with you

by FusionTheism 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Just thought this was interesting and wanted to see all of your thoughts and opinions on it.

Watchtower, November 15, 2014, Simplified Study Edition, Pages 11-12:

9 Let us examine the words of three brothers who for many years have worked closely with members of the Governing Body. One brother mentioned: “While this has indeed been a unique privilege of service, the close association has from time to time revealed that, although spirit anointed, these brothers are imperfect. Yet, one of my goals over the years has been to be obedient to those taking the lead.” The second brother said: “Such scriptures as 2 Corinthians 10:5, about ‘obedience to Christ,’ have helped me to be obedient and cooperate with those taking the lead. This is obedience from the heart.” The third brother said: “Loving what Jehovah loves and hating what he hates, as well as constantly seeking his guidance and doing what pleases him, means obedience to his organization and to those he is using to advance his purpose for the earth.” This brother remembers the example of Nathan Knorr. Brother Knorr, who became a member of the Governing Body, accepted what was said in the 1925 Watch Tower article “Birth of the Nation,” even though others questioned it. Such obedience truly impressed the brother. Meditating on the words of these three brothers can help you to be obedient to God and remain holy.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Those in Jonestown felt the same way. Now they have been promoted to the dirt. What an attitude.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Meditating on the words of these three brothers can help you to be obedient to God and remain holy.

In other words, "these brothers don't think for themselves but 'loyally' let others think for them, that's exactly the type of people were looking for"

• TerryWalstrom
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

FusionTheism,

"...the close association has from time to time revealed that, although spirit anointed, these brothers are imperfect"

I've noticed that they're using mock humility lately.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I can deal with imperfect men. The problem is whether this is or ever was "God's Organization". Misquoting and taking quotes out of context is a dishonest practice that I don't believe God's organization would do on a regular basis. One should not be deceived into believing something. There are no examples in the bible of God's people being misled with a wrong teaching that "strengthened their faith" even though it was wrong. Jesus also spoke of humility and it is hard to find humility at the top of this organization.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    although spirit anointed, these brothers are imperfect.

..and there you have it. The get out of jail free card for the GB. Now, if a R&F JW were to apply the same rule.....I say no more.

A GB member made a mistake...oh, he's just imperfect. A GB member makes a rule from cherry picked scripture that damages people...oh, well, he IS Jehovah's(tm) mouthpiece.

I'm glad they're not a cult! (He said, tongue in cheek).

• Giordano
    Giordano

This brother remembers the example of Nathan Knorr. Brother Knorr, who became a member of the Governing Body, accepted what was said in the 1925 Watch Tower article “Birth of the Nation,” even though others questioned it. Such obedience truly impressed the brother.

And therein lies the problem......Knorr shows that he is a company man through and through not a man devoted to truth and his god but a creature spun by Rutherford.

Obedience was the Truth for both men.

The Society has been spinning a tornado of bullshit over its followers for 130 years.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Blind obedience isn't "obedience from the heart". In fact, it cannot be because there are times the organization directs us to do things that don't feel right to us. I can't have my heart into something that I think is wrong factually or that isn't reflective of Jehovah as I see him in my relationship with him. The organization puts themselves between us and Jehovah. I can't tell you how many experiences I've had that others will negate to my face simply because it doesn't fit the reasoning from the FDS. Well, you might not believe that Jehovah could bless me in this way or that, but a man with an experience isn't at the mercy of a man with an opinion. JWs think they have God in a box. They can tell you what he thinks and feels and what your experiences can and will be basef on their rigid box. I've always liked to think outside the box. That's where growth is made.
  • iwasblind
    iwasblind

The GB have replace Christ with themselves.

People cannot separate Christ from the GB, or Jehovah from the borg.

It is one and the same to them.

So sad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit