My Favorite Personality Test~~ Myers-Briggs

by LizardSnot 37 Replies latest jw friends

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I just wanted to share the following personality test with all of you:

I've found it to be extremely interesting and helpful in my relationships with those of different personality types.

http://www.davideck.com/links/keirsey1.html

The test has 70 questions and takes around 5 minutes to fill out.

Once you've finished the test...take note of which of the 16 catagories that you fall into and look up your profile information at the following websites:

http://typelogic.com/

http://www.personalitytype.com/index.html

It really is scarey how accurate the profiles are.

Please feel free to post your results

LizardSnot

Edited by - LizardSnot on 10 June 2002 17:14:35

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

The Portrait of the Mastermind (iNTj)

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in INTJs. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the INTJs increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that INTJs differ from the other NTs, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other NTs: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

INTJs will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the INTJ's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, INTJs are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, INTJs are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, INTJs approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the INTJ, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, INTJs are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. INTJs are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the INTJs. On the other hand, INTJs can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

For additional information on my profile type: http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/psychology/alt.psychology.personality/profiles/intj.html

Edited by - slipnslidemaster on 10 June 2002 17:27:37

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Hey Lizard,

Very kewl.

Myers-Briggs is my fave personality test too. Altho I prefer the off-shoot from this test, in a book called "Please Understand Me" by Keirsey-Bates. If yah wanna slap a label on someone, the descriptions in this book are amazingly accurate. Also, some great info re: personality profile on the job, as well as in relationships and even schtuff about kids.

It's based on varying degrees or "preferences" in the following categories (some of which are misnomers):

Introvert/Extrovert
    Sensing/iNtuitive
    Thinking/Feeling
    Judging/Perceiving

As a dub I forced my personality to live by the ESTJ mold.

Now as i let myself just be me, i am more of an SP, i think ISTP....(very different from ESTJ btw)
    and I often attract (in friendship or otherwise) to my "opposite" the amazing wonderful ENFJ types.

It's been really neat to watch myself "balance out" and change in various sections over the years.

it can be challenging and controversial to try and squish people into just 4 'temperaments' and 16 'types' however, this jung theory of profiling has been instrumental and practical in helping me understand, appreciate and better communicate with the wide variety of weirdos, errr, people i'm stuck sharing this planet with.

Neat-o...thx for posting this.

SPAZ

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

slipnslidemaster....

one of my favorite people ever was an INTJ. Very intelligent. Brilliant minds those NT have.
    Very good at thinking on their own rather than being a "follower".
    Very full of plans and ideas of sooooo many things they wish to learn.
    So did you find that the description of the iNTj really fit you?

Neat!

SPAZ

• Soledad
    Soledad

Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging

by Joe Butt

Profile: ESTJ
    Revision: 2.3
    Date of Revision: 7 Dec 99

"Every right-minded man has a philosophy of life, whether he knows it or not. Hidden away in his mind are certain governing principles, whether he formulates them in words or not, which govern his life. Surely his ideal ought to be to contribute all that he can, however little it may be, whether of money or service, to human progress."
    --John D. Rockefeller, Random Reminiscences of Men and Events

ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.

ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.

Tradition is important to the ESTJ. Holidays, birthdays and other annual celebrations are remembered and observed often religiously by this type. The ESTJ is inclined to seek out his roots, to trace the family heritage back to honored ancestors both for a sense of family respectability and for a sense of security and belonging.

Service, the tangible expression of responsibility, is another key focus for ESTJs. They love to provide and to receive good service. The ESTJ merchant who provides dependable service has done much to enhance her self image.

ESTJs have an acute sense for orthodoxy. Much of their evaluation of persons and activities reflects their strong sense of what is "normal" and what isn't. ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.

"Some men can make decisions and some cannot. Some men fret and delay under criticism. I used to have a saying that applies here, and I note that some people have picked it up" [which refers to "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."]. (Truman, Harry S., Mr. Citizen)

The ESTJ is outspoken, a person of principles, which are readily expressed. The ESTJ is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right even in the face of overwhelming odds. ESTJs are able to make the tough calls.

Occupations attracting ESTJs include teaching, banking, political office, and management at all levels.

Functional Analysis

Extraverted Thinking
    ESTJs are very good at making impersonal decisions quickly, and standing by those decisions. They live in their Extraverted Thinking functioning, thus, their prime directive is in discovering that which is true and logical in the events of the real world. Circumstances calling for product invite the ESTJ to supervise or direct other individuals toward production and productivity. Extraverts are attracted to the "object," the external things and people in observable reality. This bent translates into a natural interest in goods and material objects.

Introverted Sensing
    The secondary Introverted Sensing is like that of the ISTJ, but not as strong. Si provides practical form and concept data to the Te head, however, form is not the overriding principle, especially if Thinking has already decided. In times of need, ESTJs are tempted to overlook even necessary information if its absence impedes closure. Secondary sensing sometimes translates into interest in sports. The persistence of primary Thinking gives many ESTJs a desire for discipline and regimen which can be beneficial in skills development in the arena.

Extraverted iNtuition
    As the ESTJ matures, and as situations arise which call for suspension of criticism, Extraverted iNtuition is allowed to play. Under the leadership of the Te function, iNtuition gravitates toward the discovery of broad categories which at worst amount to stereotypes. Those ESTJs who hone their Ne abilities may find success in academia. (I've encountered ESTJs whose Ne overshadows the auxiliary Si function--for whatever reason--to the extent that there is an appearance of NT radical geekism.)

Introverted Feeling
    This function may rarely be expressed. ESTJs who have cultivated, or have been blessed with, a "natural indirect expression of good will by inference," have great prospects of developing genuine friendships (as opposed to ESTJs who merely act out the behavior of Extraverted Feeling). Such a weak, introverted function is best observed in facial expression, eye contact, body language, and verbally only by implication.

Famous ESTJs:
    John Heywood (c.1497-c.1580, collector of English colloquialisms)
    U.S. Presidents:
    • James Monroe
    • Andrew Jackson
    • William Henry "Tippecanoe" Harrison
    • Franklin Pierce
    • Grover Cleveland
    • Harry S. Truman
    • Lyndon B. Johnson
    Carrie Nation
    Elliot Ness
    John D. Rockefeller
    Bette Davis
    Robert A. Taft (U.S. senator, son of Pres. Wm. H. Taft)
    Sam Walton, owner and founder of WalMart stores
    Barbara Stanwyck
    Rev. Billy Graham
    Dale Bumpers (U.S. Senator, D-Arkansas)
    Phil Fulmer, head football coach of the U. Tenn Vols
    Pat Head Summit, head basketball coach of the Lady Vols
    Robert Packwood (U.S. Senator)

Fictional:
    Lucy (Charles Schultz's Peanuts character)
    Mrs. Harbottle (Herriott, All Creatures Great and Small)
    Mrs. Rachel Lynde (Anne of Green Gables)
    The Mayor (The Music Man)
  • LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Slip,

My best bud is an INTJ

Lizard

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Oh I forgot....I'm an ENFP

Lizard

• Xander
    Xander

Hmmmm...well, I think I can safely say that test was the farthest off the mark of any I've taken. I didn't like most of the questions, but answered them all. I came out an 'ISTX' (which means I evenly scored between 'J' and 'P' on the last digit). Neither ISTP or ISTJ describes me at all, though.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I am an ENFP!

Totally fit me...Im gonna try some of the other tests.

Thanks!

• larc
    larc

Well boyz and gurls,

I took the test, and the feedback was that I didn't have a personality. So, I am just sitting here, holding my blanky and sucking my thumb.

Take care boyz and gurls, and remember that Larc loves you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit