Anybody see the July 1 2002 WT?

by Lieu 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
    Lieu

If anyone has read the study articles...exactly what did you think? My take on the matter:

• All of the "great crowd of other sheep" are now being equated to the 'foreigners' of Isaiah's prophesy.
    • The 'GB' now thinks they are actually Zion instead of being sons of Zion which explains their thinking they are the "Mother" and not the sons.
    • But they are also the sons of Zion....or earthly sons...but also Zion...but WTF?
    • If the GB are = to Zion which is = to Jah's woman, then they actually think they are = to Jah...and are not the bride of Christ (son) but have the audacity to think they could be the bride of Jah (father).
    • A reiteration of the 1919 stupid thing runs rampant throughout the article....can't we just STOP with the dates fellas?!!!
    • They think they (GB) have been repurchased by Jah .... not by Christ and his blood who is SUPPOSED to be thier husbandly owner
    • They try and rationalise why the congregational election of Elders stopped...instead of telling the truth of why it stopped.

I have come to the conclusion that the GB does not acknowledge anything Christ did, nor the fact that the 'annointed' are suposed to make up the 'bride of Christ'. In my opinion this article says that Christ died for nothing...by stating He is NOT the repurchaser. They are not heirs or 'sons' they ARE the Mother, therefore they are OVER Christ since he is just the Son.

It amazes me that even today, JW's follow the lead of a cigar, smoking money mongering, drunkard. The GB is Disgusting! They have denied Christ and in doing so, they have denied Jehovah.

Did anyone see the article?

Edited by - Lieu on 10 June 2002 8:51:56

• garybuss
    garybuss

Lieu wrote: <cigar, smoking money mongering, drunkard. >

I can see Rutherford dealing in money, we all do to a degree. I can accept testimoney that he drank alcohol and maybe was dependant on it. But I have seen no proof that he smoked anything.

Do you have the proof that he smoked? If you do, then please share it with us. It will be the first I have seen and will deserve it's own thread. If you don't, then I think writing as though you do, detracts from the issue.

gb

• outnfree
    outnfree

ROFLMAO@gary!!!

Haven't seen the article, lieu! My subscriptions ran out, and now that I have to either a) go to the kingdumb hall to get copies or b) some poor dubbie would have to include moi -- a DA'd person -- on their magazine route, spending their own time & money instead of the WTBTS' postage (which I cannot in all good conscience ask the local dubby to do -- wait! I can't ask the local dubby to do, period, because they have to shun me...) er... um... I won't see that article or any others.

In a way, it's a relief.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Hey Leiu,

Can you scan and post the article for us???

• Preston
    Preston

Has anyone seen Chinatown?

"I'm God's wife (slap!), I'm Jesus' wife (slap!), I'm God's wife (slap!), I'm Jesus' wife (slap!), I'm God's wife (slap!), I'm Jesus' wife (slap!)...."

• nancee park
    nancee park

When Rutherford was alive smoking was not a disfellowshipping matter so he may indeed have been a smoker. It would be intersting to know.

That they equate organization, even themselves, to Jehovah is correct. They are probably going to float this view openly a while, and if too many protest letters don't pour in then continue to openly keep it.

If they do pour in, then they will still believe it but put in writing something that seems to say they don't really believe that way even though they do.

The shift to organization-is-Jah idea became most clear under Henschel. It's an example of arrogance.

Even when most JWs read it writing their minds will not allow them to believe that what they read really means exactly what it says. They'll try to rationalize it away.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Sorry for taking so long to post back, I do have a scanner but I can't figure out how to make it small enough to post. Darn these 'puters!

Rutherford did smoke cigars...he didn't stop until I believe it was his nephew died from lung cancer. Therein, he declared smoking to be ungodly.

I'll have to find that source for 'ya....

Edited by - Lieu on 8 August 2002 21:3:56

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Lieu, all satanic organizations deny Christ. From the Pharisees to modern day cults. It is no surprise. If you keep the people away from Jesus, you will keep them from salvation. Satan is a fool, but he aint stupid!

Penn

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    When Rutherford was alive smoking was not a disfellowshipping matter so he may indeed have been a smoker. It would be intersting to know.

I won't swear to this but I'm pretty sure he did smoke cigars. Fine ones

Being disfellowshiped for smoking only started shortly after the sergion general declared that it was a cause of cancer. I don't remember the exact year. But it was in the 60's

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I am beggining to think that the Writing Team is actually a rusty old machine into which old Watchtowers, books, tracts and pamphlets are jammed, ground and blended until a sort of cream colored, oozing lifeless pap exudes from the rear end. This is then spread over rolls of newsprint and fed to groups of people who are to the "manna bored'.

Have I made my point....lol

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit