Book on JW/Sexual Abuse can now be ordered

by morrisamb 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

i went to the site............ so it's "eighteen dollars and 99 cents"?

and what about those other books?.......... did you read some of those?

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Hi, I just went to the site and it says, $19.80

I have read a lot of books (Angela's Ashes is one of my favourites), but I haven't read those others listed there.

Do you have any books you recommend?

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi donald,

do i recommend any book's?.......no, ....... but your's sounds very interesting.

did you go to to any elders meetings while you were being abused?

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

So far I've had 17 positive reviews...at least they think it's good. I just had a reporter who read my book, tell me today that Father's Touch helped him obtain a better grasp of the dynamics of sexual abuse and Jehovah's Witnesses. He also said I was very honest when writing about the most difficult aspects of dealing with sexual abuse.

I definitely went to Elders' meetings and I write about that in my book

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

donald,

i hope your book gets lots of publicity!.......i hope other victims of abuse get to read it.........so they can understand they are not alone.

i am so glad you had the courage to write about it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

CD2

No he did not ask for your support to direct victims to him.

He suggested to ALL that if they knew Canadian victims he would talk to them in confidence.

I would urge any Canadian victim to talk to Donald (morrisamb) or to talk to Bill Bowen or Barbara Anderson - just to name a few.

Donald, just like Bill, knows how to put victims in touch with proper support groups and therapists.

Again, I am thoroughly disgusted. Few Witnesses have the guts to come out and discuss something truly horrible that has happened to them and their families. Its people like Donald, Erica and her family, all the women in the Berry case, the Fitzwaters, Aroarer and of course Barb, Bill and countless others that have made a difference in helping victims.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 12 June 2002 12:10:32

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi hawk,

quote......."crawdad2, Thanks, if you know of any Canadians who were victims, please pass on my email address."

i recommend jw victims get in touch with "silent lambs", not morrisamb........... i agree with the rest of your statement.

thanks.

Edited by - crawdad2 on 12 June 2002 13:19:36

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thanks Hawkaw for preventing this thread from being hijacked.

Now back to the subject at hand...

Just got this email message from my Amercian publisher!

Donald, I want to support you in every way that I can, so I have changed the Canadian shipping price now to just $ 5.00 and posted your book, Father's Touch, to the main home page!

Check it out for yourself at www.pdbookstore.com

Edited by - morrisamb on 12 June 2002 16:39:18

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit