New Light on FDS?

by Black Man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

The FDS as it is undersood will need to change. How can we know who the FDS is until Jesus makes the call. It is, afterall, His call, is it not? The GB is going to have to come up with a new explanation of why they get to tell us what to do. I'm sure it will be a good one. Perhaps they will work something in that allows other sheep to be in charge too. Someone has to live in the condos, don't they?

Edited by - professor on 10 June 2002 1:35:27

• metatron
    metatron

Farkel's right as usual - they'll do whatever and say whatever maintains

their power. As to the FDS "class", welcome to the stupidest, most

braindead Watchtower interpretation of them all! Jesus was simply asking

a rhetorical question "are you guys gonna act faithful and smart so I

can use you to run things on earth for me?". Who is the "faithful and

discreet slave"? ANYBODY THAT IS FAITHFUL AND DISCREET!

Otherwise, elders , as leaders, would all be unfaithful and stupid.

Well, many are - but that's another story!

metatron

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    They'll take the latter position. After all, it's only practical. It's not "Biblical" by their very-own definition, but then again, they can change that position with a stroke of a pen and the braindead dubbies will go along. And they will believe this is "light."

Don't look directly at the light folks, you'll go blind !!!

• Black Man
    Black Man

Professor:

You get down to the essence of the real intent behind shoving this "doctrine" down the throat of every JW. They have to tell us why they can tell us what to do.

Metatron:

It's something how the WTBS has taken that rhetorical question and framed a whole doctrinal formula around it. Shows just how thirsty for power they are.

Farkel:

Practical vs. Biblical......I couldn't have expressed it any better.

• Room 215
    Room 215

And I really love the irony of them appropriating the adjective ``discreet'' as in ``Faithful and Discreet'' to themselves. Has there ever been a religious body who's put its collective foot in its mouth more times than these bozos? I mean, is it an exagerration to say they've never been right about anything?

• startingover
    startingover

I remember hearing somewhere that being of the "annointed" was no longer a requirement to be on the governing body. Does anyone know if that is true?

• Black Man
    Black Man

Startingover:

As far as I know you still must be annointed to be on the GB. BUT the legwork is carried out by a lot of non-annointed (Nethinim Class) along with the younger GB's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit