Help get this JW off my back!

by mpatrick 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

somebody might be on the right track, this was the second to the last message:

am one of Jehovah's Witnesses in southern California. I saw the Dateline show, and in fact I taped it and watchted it a couple of more times. I especailly was insteredted in the facial expressions and mannerisms of some of the persons interviewed, including Bill Bowen and Barbara Anderson and Erica.

Something that concerns me is the way it is being handled at my Kingdom Hall. It would be shocking to learn of such a situation at ANY Kingdom Hall, and so I didn't worry about the first reactions of the brothers and sisters, but after a while I did become curious.

Where was the concern for Erica? She is still our sister. She was hurt in SOME way, the court convicted Brother Beliz TWICE of hurting her. So why aren't we sending her letters of condolances and support? And for that matter her parents, who I think are still Witnesses, even if her father is no longer an elder.

And another thing, there is a brother who went to another Hall near me, he is a police officer (he was one before beoming a Witness) and I contacted him. He's been getting a lot of calls from the brothers and sisters!!! He said that in California, it is the law---in fact, all fifty states and the Federal Government--that parents MUST report if their child is assaulted. (Erica was 16, a minor chcild) This is not a choice, this is about being in subjection to Caesar.

So it seems to me he was treated rather roughly, not to be commenting on the 'rightness' of how he was handled by the congregation, but that it must have been painful to go through his daughter's situation and not get very much support from their spiritual family. I feel very bad for the Garzas and the Belizes, they all are still brothers and sisters.

I am trying to track down some mailing addresses for all of them, I will post them if I find any. I really think that 'true Christians' would try and offer emotional support for these two families, and pray for them to be healed somehow.

There are some other things that bother me, but that was the main one. As far as the 'Pedophile Paradise' comment made in the first showing, well, the Society said that they will report all accusations in the reporting states,of which there are 16, and it really is up to the voters and the politicians in the remaining states to change their laws, that should get all the religious organizations on the right road to cleaning up this blight. We could use a little help from Caesar on this.

As far as help for all the victims, and there must be a few if the court convicted the abusers, there must be victims/survivors. Something must be done for them, I do not know what. Perhaps the Society will come up with something soon, in the meantime perhaps letters of support for all of them?

And then maybe we Jehovah's Witnesses won't look like quite the lunatics....

• Panda
    Panda

MPATRICK, You are doing a great job! Keep it up. If any one of us came to your aid we'd be ganging up against the dub... You alone have made an incredible dent in the others aluminum armor. Kudos, panda

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Ugh... Sorry, I just had to reply to BrainScramble....

And since I've never been a JW (either baptized or un-baptized) he cannot call me an apostate

Oh, Simon!!! Great job on the new edit thingy here.. I love being able to read the replies on beliefnet from this very thread !!!!!

[Now where exactly did I put that WT on how the elders/MS are theocratically appointed??]

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 9 June 2002 19:49:12

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 9 June 2002 19:50:33

Edited by - ItsJustlittleoldme on 9 June 2002 19:52:32

• Dawn
    Dawn

Coming to your help right now..........!!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

just tell her you are demonized, and that you found a way to demonize jehovah's witnesses through cyberspace,
    and that her mind has now been infiltrated by satan and the more she talks to you,
    the tighter his grip will become upon her. that oughta do it
    (what's she doing talking to 'apostates' anyway? she could get 'fired' for that, heh.)
  • Hmmm
    Hmmm
    Obviously, the individuals who are appealing their judicial case are appealing because they KNOW we have they truth and they don't want to be kicked out of this organization--GET IT?

The WT "judicial" system is designed to squelch any dissent by cutting people off from all family and friends. Perhaps the ones fighting not to be disfellowshipped are doing so because they don't want to submit to this emotional blackmale.

Does this person deny that the Pandelos, Ms Anderson, and Mr Bowen are the victims of a Watchtower witch hunt, for them all to be called for judicial meetings for such obscure charges as "causing divisions" the week before Dateline airs?

Hmmm

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi mpatrick

Looks to me like the JW is the one who needs help. :-)

gb

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words! Sometimes I feel all alone on that board. Most of the time I stick to the Challenge & Critique since the JW board is suppose to be just for JWs (since I was never d'a or d'f, technically I am still JW enough to post there...right?). I am definitely not an AlanF, Farkel or Amazing, but I try to hold my own. If anyone is interested in sticking around that board and posting every so often, it would be great to see some new posters. The JW Challenge & Critique has a couple of active JWs that have been posting there for sometime...(I have an easier time debating with my 2 year old than them). It would probably only take 5 min. out of your day because there are usually as many post there all day as there are here in a 2 min. time span.

But, again thank you all for your support! I love this board for that reason! You all are like my big happy "cyberspace family"!

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Ooops, I'm not a JW, and never have been... Does that mean I shouldn't be posting there? I wonder if they'll excommunicate me from that board for causing dissention...

• Farkel
    Farkel

: . As far as the 'Pedophile Paradise' comment made in the first showing, well, the Society said that they will report all accusations in the reporting states,of which there are 16, and it really is up to the voters and the politicians in the remaining states to change their laws, that should get all the religious organizations on the right road to cleaning up this blight.

Uh, WHAT? You mean the great Jehovah God, Creator of Everything and Chooser of the Watchtower Printing and Propaganda Corporation to be His exclusive Mouthpiece(tm) on Earth needs to get pro-active and get the US STATES to change their laws, so that His One and Only True Religion can be FORCED into doing what was obviously the right thing to do in the first place?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit