Rutherford's Hitler Letter - An Alternate History

by cappytan 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

So what you’re saying is, if someone throws you in jail for your religious beliefs and lies made upon you, and then you find out who was behind it and their motives, you would sit and do nothing? Got it.

The RCC were cowards not to express their views of discontent through the pulpit.

You’re a better person/ since everyone else were thinking of their families, and since it was a perilous time, people were thinking about taking care of them since they were the bread winners, and due to someone else bigotry now the Students had 2 things to contend with instead of 1.

Yeah! You’re a real humanitarian. By the way don’t use your convoluted double talk or reverse psychology on me; I’m aware of your distortion tactics.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Simonsays: So what you’re saying is, if someone throws you in jail for your religious beliefs and lies made upon you, and then you find out who was behind it and their motives, you would sit and do nothing? Got it.

With respect to the WTS bigwigs who got their asses tossed into jail towards the end of WW1 in 1917, they were NOT tried and convicted for their religious beliefs.

They were convicted on treason charges. The book The Finished Mystery was considered seditious material by the US government, and it was edited before being printed again, with the offending pages removed.

Much of what Rutherford demanded from the followers later hinged upon his bitterness towards being jailed. He made a lot of mileage out of that jail term, misrepresenting it as religious persecution rather than what it was - treason against the United States. Many Bible Students and JWs suffered needlessly because of Rutherford's behaviour.

• glenster
    glenster
    Rutherford another sincere believer so misunderstood? I get tired all over
    just thinking about it. Russell, even, let alone Rutherford.
  • Bangalore
    Bangalore

Rutherford made lots of provocative statements sitting in his Ivory Tower,while the poor rank and file members had to face the wrath of the offended public.What a horrible guy he was.

Bangalore

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

The Content of Rutherford's Letter was Very Similar to Portions of Henry Ford's Antisemitic publications one titled the "Dearborn Independent"

Hitler Said of Ford's works "You can tell Herr Ford that I am a great admirer of his,... I shall do my best to put his theories into practice in Germany. … I regard Henry Ford as my inspiration.”

It is Possible, That Rutherford had read “Mein Kampf,” published in 1925, read the Above Quotes, and decided that the Best Tactic to Win the Favor of the Fuhrer would be to Publish material in the same style as Ford.

Rutherford was First and Foremost a business Man, he knew that in order to Maintain the Organization's considerable holdings In Germany he needed to do something drastic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit