my brother the circuit overseer

by GeddyLee 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• GeddyLee
    GeddyLee

Hi everyone, third generation dubber here who had enough sense to leave eight years ago, after utterly wasting thirty years of my life. I ve faced everything most of you all have,(loss of family and life long friends, and hardships trying to learn how to relate to the world around us) but now I am now enjoying all the best that life has to offer. Just wanted to relate my first hand experiance of how loyalty to the crotchtower is put above everything else even blood. My father who was an elder right from inception,(1972 I think) was faced with a witchhunt from the local elders in the city, totally false trumped up charges were thrown at him, lies of unbelievable proportions. He went through a living hell. It was me then serving as a Ministirial servant who stood shoulder to shoulder with my dad, putting my own neck on the line defending him. I remember taking on the body of elders, the circuit overseer all at once, in defense of him. Well we both got axed, my only fault was standing up for my dad. All this time which lasted about six months my father was begging my older brother who is a circuit overseer to please come down and back him up. My brother wouldnt even return his calls, and when my dad drove to his apt. he only let him come as far as the doorstep. He told my dad that this was the local elders responsibilty and that he should go and " face the music" he just left him high and dry. Now that Ive left, my dad wont speak to me, but considers my older brother the CO his pride and joy. Its good to be free!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Geddy,

Welcome to the board....As you know, your story is painfully familiar to a lot of us. Glad you came and shared, we know exactly how it feels!

So after all you tried to do for your dad years back, now he shuns you? I cannot get over the unfeeling,unthinking ways that the Witnesses are trained to act. It's almost as if they're afraid to think!

Well now you can form relationships with individuals who aren't afraid to love you for who you are, and friendships with people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Yes, fear rules the WT organization. They've whipped their followers into being a bunch of fraidy cats!

Just wait till you meet our resident fraidy cat, Fred Hall!

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Geddylee. Nice to have newcomers. You have probably noticed many lately here if you have been following the threads.

Many leave the borg simply over being hurt so bad and it's later they find out what they thought was truth was all bogus.

That kind of happened to me. I too am 3rd gen. raised as a witness been out for 6 years or so.

Funny how strong the hold the borg has on them....your dad picking your snobnose brother over you because..."at least he's a faithfull witness"...according to your dad.

Anyway....nice to meet you. Take care

• garybuss
    garybuss

'

Welcome GeddyLee

I used to think I lost friends and family when I became visible with my dissent. Now I wonder if I didn't just identify and remove a bunch of people who really did not care for me.

They turned on me when the chips were down. It probably was a good think to just get away from them. They were just taking up space.

Best wishes to you.

gb

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Geddy,
    Are you by any chance a Rush fan?

Devon

• jukief
    jukief

Heck, no, Devon. If he were a Rush fan, he'd have called himself Neil Pert. :-)

• Preston
    Preston

"Neil Pert is God...."

• Beans
    Beans

Kool name! You must be a RUSH fan with that handle as I am a huge one myself! Welcome aboard!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Any RUSH fan is a friend of mine...Welcome!

• Prisca
    Prisca

HI GeddyLee,

Sorry to hear about the way your Dad treats you, despite your loyalty to him in times past. It just goes to show how controlling this religion is, and how it corrupts normal family relationships.

I was a 3rd generation JW too, my Dad was a Congregation Servant from the 1950s. It isn't easy to learn how to be a normal functioning adult in a world we were never meant to be a part of, but it does get easier over time.

Welcome to the board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit