Help needed for COURT CASE

by Quotes 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Oh boy, am I glad I never threw out my old books. I have a fortune in old watchtower literature.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

wow. they're old, tho, so update them if you get one

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is another good link refering to the 64 page Preparing for Child Custody Cases (PCCC) book:

http://www.caic.org.au/jws/organization/liedto1.htm

Many try to portray the beliefs and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses as dogmatic and restrictive...emphasise the fact that you have formed your beliefs and adopted your practices after much study and reflection; your religion is not simply a matter of rules imposed by the elders. You want to emphasize the fact that you are a thinking...individual. (PCCC p. 3)

Contrast with:

"Avoid independent thinking...questioning the counsel provided by God's visible organization." (WT 1983 January 15 p. 22)

"Fight against independent thinking." (p. 27)

"Be careful they (the children) don't get the impression that they are in a demonstration at the circuit assembly, when they would show that the first things in life are service and going to the Kingdom Hall. ...Be careful they don't all say that they are going to be pioneers." (PCCC p. 43)

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This page contains some great information:
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/custody.html

A report made to the court in the case of Selvaggio vs. Adams (Macomb Michigan Circuit Court case 94 388 DC):

Q. What do the people at the Kingdom Hall say about Dad?

A. You're bad, and that you, um…you don't serve Jehovah.

Q. They say that Daddy's bad because he doesn't serve Jehovah? And what's gonna happen to Daddy?

A. You're gonna die.

Q. When's Daddy gonna die?

A. When paradise comes….At the end of the system.

Q. At the end of the system? What happens to you if you don't go to the Kingdom hall?

A. Um, I will die too…

Q. Okay. Who is going to paradise?

A. Only the people who serve Jehovah.

Q. And who are the bad people?

A. People who doesn't listen to Jehovah.

Q. What's going to happen to Daddy?

A. You are going to die.

Q. What if you live with Daddy, what's going to happen?

A. Me and you will die.

Q. Why are you going to die?

A. Because, if I live with you, I wouldn't serve Jehovah.

Q. So…if you live with Daddy, then you can't serve Jehovah?

A. Yea…

Q. And when do they tell you these things?

A. At the Kingdom [Hall]…

Q. And what do you say to them when they do that?

A. Um, I say my Daddy's not bad.

Q. Are you afraid to live with Daddy?

A.Yeah.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Quotes
    Quotes

Thanks everyone, I knew you would be able to help. I have rec'd email from Hawk and Scully that was particularly useful, too.

I will send a link for this thread to the person that contacted me to make sure that they will be edified! Again, thanks all.

P.S. I have never met this person before, but I hope they will keep me/us at JWD up-to-date as the situation develops.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• hooberus
    hooberus

Witnessinc.com has a book refuting the "preparing for child custody" book. I believe the author Duane Magnani specializes as a legal consultant on JW child custody matters.

• haboob48
    haboob48

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit