Can someone post the lastest QFR in the july WT

by JT 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

thanks

i understand it deals with the Talaban requiring women to cover thier heads when praying Opps I meant the WT not the Talaban smile

James

• chester
    chester

JT,

The QFR article you are referring to must be in the July 15th issue because it is not in the July 1st issue.

I looked through the July 1st issue and found this article that I thought was interesting considering that the boys in writing don't seem to understand that when they write something they are actually talking about themselves. (This can be found on the back cover of the July 1st WT.)

Avoid Being Deceived

Deception is almost as old as mankind. One of the first events in recorded history was an act of deception. That was when Satan deceived Eve in the garden of Eden. -Genesis 3:13; 1 Timothy 2:14.

Although there has never been a time since then when deception was not rampant in the earth, it is particularly prevalent today looking forward to modern times, the Bible warned: "Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled."-2 Timothy 3:13.

People are deceived for all kinds of reasons. Tricksters and confidence men deceive victims to get their money. Some politicians deceive their constituents, determined to stay in power at any cost. People even deceive themselves. Rather than face unpleasant truths they convince themselves that there is no harm in pursuing dangerous practices, such as smoking, drug abuse, or sexual immorality.

Then there is deception in religious matters. The religious leaders of Jesus' day deceived the people. Of those deceivers, Jesus said, "Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man into a pit, both will fall into a pit." (Matthew 15:14) Moreover, people deceive themselves in religious matters. Proverbs 14:12 states: "There exists a way that is upright before a man, but the ways of death are the end of it afterward."

As in Jesus' time, many today are deceived in religious matters and no wonder! The apostle Paul said that Satan "has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through."-2 Corinthians 4:4.

If a swindler deceives us, we lose money. If a politician deceives us, we may lose some of our freedom as a result. But if Satan deceives us so that we reject the truth about Jesus Christ, we lose out on everlasting life!
    So avoid being deceived. Open your mind and heart to the one indisputable source of religious truth, the Bible. There is too much at stake to do otherwise. -John 17:3.

• metatron
    metatron

My fingers get tired and I don't have a scanner but
    here's part:WT 7/15 pg.27

"A Christian sister may on occasion be accompanied on a Bible
    study by an unbaptised male Kingdom publisher. If she wishes, she
    may ask him to conduct the study. But since he could not properly
    represent the baptised sister in prayer to Jehovah, it would be
    proper for her to pray at the study. When conducting the study
    and when praying under these circumstances, the sister should cover
    her head. Even though the male publisher is not yet baptised,
    outsiders identify him with the congregation because of his
    preaching activity."

[because he's a guy???]

Hey women, look pretty and get back in the kitchen!

Ain't headship wonderful?

metatron

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Where are their scriptures to back this up? Unbaptised/Baptised publishers, sounds like rules than man made up....gee isn't that what Jesus criticized the the pharisees of his day for teaching commands of men.

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Well, Well, Well

I am going to bring this up to my Mom. She swears they don't have to cover their head and it was "just some stupid thing we did years ago."

I just loved being submissive and the paper napkins (or Kleenex) we used to cover our heads, really showed we were submissive and respectful of the FUXKING PENIS!!!!!!

I must be PMS'ing because this is so stupid it defies logic.

These dickless wonders in Brooklyn use this as a way to keep down the women of the fold....how many of us will admit to an outsider that we had to put a napkin on our head to lead a prayer...if a PENIS was present.

I am going to look for a Kotex, send it to my mother, along with CoC, the Dateline video and a print out of this page! Perhaps she will see the light!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Nothing looks more fetching than a stripy tea-towel on your head[8>]

• Scully
    Scully

What if the "unbaptized publisher" is her 6 or 7 year old son?

Doesn't the command to "honor your father and your mother" apply here, even more so than the 'command' for a woman to wear a headcovering in the presence of a male?

It's all about keeping women "in subjection" to the almighty penis, isn't it. [8>]

Love, Scully

• simplesally
    simplesally

The "rule" used to be if he was BAPTIZED you had to cover your head during the study. And if baptized, the rule is that he must say the prayer.

And this rule only applies at a PRE-arranged bible study. An impromptu study, or when you unexpectedly start a door-step study, this "rule" doesn't apply. (A pre-arranged study is considered an extension of the congregation, therefore falls under this congregational rule)... ugh.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

PUFFS!! LOL My hero My sentiments exactly.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    These dickless wonders in Brooklyn use this as a way to keep down the women of the fold....

Ha ha I don't think those guys in Brooklyn even know what to do with it....

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit