Last Man on Earth

by rebel8 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• rebel8
    rebel8

Anyone else watching this show?

I'm fascinated by it. I have often thought about what it would be like if most people were gone. I don't think it would be anything like TNS doctrine. We'd have a huge supply of leftover stuff to use, but we'd have to figure out how to make electricity, run water, etc.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Its pretty funny. I think the main character, Will Forte, is much smarter than most active JW's. As you know, thats not saying much.
    Good show otherwise. I hope it comes back next season.

(edited to add)

As of April 8th, it looks like FOX renewed it for a second season.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Rebel8 while I wasn't a big fan of the T.V. show I am a sucker for the premise!

The book that started the last person living was

Earth Abides by George R. Stewart

Google Amazon for the book and reviews.

The Pelbar Cycle by Paul O. Williams. 7 books in the series

set in North America about a thousand years after a "time of fire", in which the world was nearly totally depopulated. The novels track a gradual reconnection of the human cultures which developed.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks, I may read that now.

The tv show started out a little slow. I was thinking, "How interesting could it be if it's only about 1 person?" It's totally different than I expected, and very interesting.

I'm so glad it got renewed!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Love the show. The main character has the same timing and fortune that I had for many years. Then again, he also gets what he deserves often, so what's that say about me, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit