Twisting the Scriptures

by eyeslice 10 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

From tonight's school.

The instruction speaker started to discuss John 3:16 and said that the world that God loved was those who came out of the world, i.e. the Witnesses. He indicated that this was brought out at last year's District Assembly? I always believed that the 'kosmos' here refered to was the 'world of mankind alienated from God'.

Anybody else heard like this recently? Is this a new truth I have missed?

Eyeslice

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

And here I thought that Christ died for everyone.
    Silly me. *Smirk*

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

"And here I thought that Christ died for everyone."

Careful, that may be a disfellowshipping belief before too long..!!!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Eyeslice, I too thought it was the alienated world, but they change their understanding of the scriptures so often that its hard to keep up. I am going to keep on believing as we do and just wait for them to come around again!

• Francois
    Francois

Who knows, or cares, what self-interested interpretation those assholes have made now? They have re-defined who your brother is, they have re-defined who a Samaratin is, and on and on like that.

Neither the NWT, nor the WTBTS's shifting, flip-flopping interpretations of it mean anything to anyone but them. But it is interesting I guess to see what they're up to now.

Francois

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Sounds like typical JW sdripture twisting. Other examples:

Romans 13:1 - "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

This means that God did not establish the governments, actually the governments are satanic, but God merely tolerates them.

John 14:2,3 - "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

This means that Jesus will never come back, but will, at some point, 'turn his attention to the earth'.

John 20:28,29 - "Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
    Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

This one means that Jesus is really Michael the Archangel.

1 Tim. 5:19 - "Do not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses."

This means that accused pedophiles should be sheltered by the congregation and that victims of those pedophiles who seek justice are to be persecuted.

I trust you are getting the picture?

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan
  • Bang
    Bang

So the world means those who came out of the world.

Bit of a stretch that one - but even so, it's another lie - they're well and truly in the world lapping up the all it has to offer (except for blood of course, but that's not really from the world).

Bang

• Dawn
    Dawn

So if we read on to John 3:19...

3:19 And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

...so if the "world" is those that came out of the "world" (aka World of Witnesses), then who are the men in that "World of Witnesses" that so loved the darkness?

hmmmmmmmm any comments???

• Bang
    Bang

"The light came into the world" - the world can tell right from wrong because they can see it.

However, some don't like the light because it exposes their sin, so they hide in the dark where they can't see it. Some even physically hide in the dark.

The org supports abuse in the effort to avoid being seen in the light, but when people say "we can all see you, you can't hide it", they realise that the light has penetrated.
    Then they do something about it - unknowingly bearing witness to the fact that the light is in the world and it is able to see them, though they themselves are unable.

When exposed they scurry about but they don't comprehend the light - and so they hide in the dark again until someone else says "I can see you".

Bang

• Grunt
    Grunt

My personal favorite:

1 Tim. 2:5-6
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all..

This means Jesus Christ is NOT the mediator for all men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit