The kings of the earth and Armaggeddon and wrath!

by spectromize 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ianao
    ianao

Spectromize, you said...

It's too bad you can't seem to understand that I am not the judge of you people and just trying to warn you in making the same mistakes as some of the people in the past have made in showing disrespect for Jehovah's name.

It's also too bad that by bantering your warnings and hurling your accusations you are being judgemental whether realizing it or not.

If I do give a warning and someone listens isn't it to that person's advantage?

Depends on the warning. Also, since the warnings you give are under the percept of being on one side of a fence or another (unlike you Christiandom brethren), than your warning logically would have no merit to the other side who did not percive themselves in a place of negative consequence.

But then again some of you here have no faith and don't believe Jehovah God is a real Person.

Perhaps some do not. I am noting that many of these folks were also JWs at one time. Doesn't that say something about your religion?

In fact for some of you here, unwittingly you are fulfilling Bible prophecy, how is that you might ask?

" For know this that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule saying; Where is this promised presence of his..."

Since prophetic fulfullment is never known until it is fulfilled, I will refrain from further comment on this portion of your post. Which presence are you referring to anyway? the 1800s presence or the 1900 presence?

Have you ever wondered why atheists come to a discussion board such as this?

No. I assumed sites like this were for those healing from a bad experience with yet another group of folks who make prophetic statements for God and wrack his judgements on them.

Have you ever wondered why such persons who claim they are so smart in the theory of evolution would devote so much time and effort trying to convince you that you are wrong, while they can use the time for their personal self?

Not really. Most people who consider themselves 'smart' in these issues usually never come to place like this, because that would draw away from their research. Others are just having a little fun, or want to be perceived as 'smart'. Also what do you mean by "the theory of evolution"? Last time I checked, their was darwanism, macro-evolution, micro-evolution, and another I can't remember off the top of my head. The society only rips apart Darwanism if I remember correctly (albeit without even realizing it) which is a theory that most "evolutionists" would not even ascribe to these days.

Oh, and before you get any ideas, I just like the people because they are very fun to talk to.

There are individuals on the internet who have devoted entire manuscripts and a good portion of their life trying to convince you that there is no God, and that the Bible is not God's word.

And most of those folks had a bad experience with religion in general. One guilt trip after another... after another... after another... Whether it be the mind control used by most millenialists, or the money floggering used by most fundamentalists.

Have you ever wondered what seed they belong to?

No. I can safely assume that they came from their mother and father. As you did, and every single human alive on planet earth today. (It's called biology).

It's refreshing to see someone with backbone defend their beliefs spectomize. I like your black and white thinking. Brings back so many memories. (Ahhh, if only life were truly that simple.)

Don't ever change.

Love ya lots...

Edited by - ianao on 5 March 2001 14:42:32

• larc
    larc

Spec,

I think you should spend more time reading your own words before posting. In your zeal to give us the truth and correct the error of our ways, you make a lot of mistakes. For example, if you write someting and one of us comes back with a question or a reasonable reply, we are not mocking you. We are not showing disrespect for you. We are not ridiculing you. We are simply following the Biblical instruction, "Come let us reason together." For you to take this one step further and say that our comments show that we are mocking, ridiculing, and showing disrespect for God is patently absurd.
    On a minor note: why did your bring up evolution? I have read every post written here for the last three months, and this subject has not been discussed. I think you should calm down and use reason when you post.
    Your verbal flailing does not help your cause.

Your logic seems to go like this: If we agree with you, we are meek and teachable. If we question your logic, assumptions, and conclusions we are evil blastphemers. I think you should develope a more mature view of other people.

• MDS
    MDS

Hi Spec:

Could you please comment on the following information, provide some clarification on the subject.

"KINGS...STANDING AT A DISTANCE" -- WHO ARE THEY? (Revelation 18:9, 10)

Spec, actually, we today, can say with complete confidence, that these "kings of the earth", of Revelation 18:9, 10 CANNOT be political figures themselves. Actually, no. Why?

This is because when the Woman [Babylon the Great] is said to be destroyed by the scarlet-colored political "beast," yes, the "kings of the earth" are "STANDING AT A DISTANCE," yes, “standing at a distance,” weeping profusely over her destruction, as clearly indicated at Revelation 18:9,10. – Please consider.

Yes, according to Revelation 18:9, 10, these verses, clearly place these "kings of the earth" in a different perspective from the political "beast" that carries out the devastation upon Babylon. Let's see.

Actually, the direct quotes from the Watch Tower Society's publications on the subject, indicate this. To clear up the matter of just who these "kings of the earth" are, let's first notice this quote concerning the "ten horns" of Revelation 17:12-14 who carry out the destruction of Babylon the Great. On page 594 par. # 1 of the publication "Babylon the Great HAS FALLEN! -- God Kingdom Rules," we find this comment. It says:

"In Daniel's prophecy, horns on the head of a symbolic animal are used to represent individual kings or national rulers. As the number ten is used in the Bible to stand for earthly completeness or perfection, the expression "ten horns" would symbolize, not ten literally, but ALL OR THE COMPLETE NUMBER OF KINGS OR NATIONAL RULERS ON EARTH."

Yes, in this explanation, "ten" represents earthly completeness and therefore stands for the "COMPLETE NUMBER of kings or national rulers on earth." Yes, these "kings" will be united in their destruction of Babylon the Great.

However notice this comment from the same publication on page 609 par. # 1 on the subject of the "kings of the earth." It states:

"Those mourning kings COULD HARDLY BE IDENTICAL IN PERSONALITY with the symbolic ten horns of the scarlet colored wild beast that hate the harlot, Babylon the Great, and devastate her and burn her with fire. They are kings or political rulers who fornicated and enjoyed shameless luxury with her during her popularity and who do not turn on her. They have been taken by surprise, because, as they themselves mournfully say, Jehovah's execution of judgment upon her arrived `in one hour.' What fun they used to have with her! But, when judgment comes like a thief, they cannot help or preserve her for their further unclean pleasure. Afraid to interfere, they stand off in fear of sharing the fiery torment with her. Still, they share responsibility for her crimes. So, next in order they will inescapably suffer pain when God executes judgment upon them."

ISN'T THIS A CONTRADICTION?

In the first explanation, the WTS plainly says the "ten horns" are the "complete number of kings or national rulers on earth." "THE COMPLETE NUMBER" of them. That point is clear.

But, then, the Watchtower Society now says, that there are OTHER "kings"...yes, OTHER "KINGS OF THE EARTH," other political Rulers, Other political forces, "NOT IDENTICAL" to the "Ten Horn Beast," that do not necessarily carry out the destruction of Babylon the Great, but only "STAND AT A DISTANCE," of her destruction and "mourn" over her. How can this be?

Who are these Other "Kings of the Earth," we ask?

Can you say, Spec?

Yes, in the second explanation, we've noticed the WTS has said the "mourning," "kings of the earth", who "stand at a distance" of the destruction of Babylon the Great, yes, "could hardly be identical in personality with the symbolic ten horns of the scarlet colored wild beast." So then, who are they, we ask?

This is in light of the fact that the Watchtower Society also teaches the "ten horns" on the Political "Wild Beast," does picture the "COMPLETE NUMBER number of rulers upon the earth". Yes, that's the "COMPLETE NUMBER." Now, how are we to understand this, Spec?

How can this be?

Yes, Spec, if the "ten horn" beast represents the "complete number of kings on earth,".... then....who are these other "kings," who "stand at a distance" and "mourn" the destruction of "Babylon the Great," who are they? Yes, where did they come from and how are they different from the "complete number of rulers upon the earth?

Can you answer this, Spec?

Yes, Spec, how can you harmonize this teaching with the Holy Scriptures and good, common sense "reasoning." -- Acts 17:2, 17; Romans 12:1

It appears, this teaching is a complete, contradiction of the Watchtower Society. Those pages again are: 594 par. 1 and 609 par. 1, from the “Babylon the Great Has Fallen – God’s Kingdom Rules” Publication. Check out for yourself and see if this is not what the WTS teaches.

MDS

"...who has believed the THING HEARD" [the "Report"] -- Isa. 53:1; John 12:38

Edited by - MDS on 6 March 2001 11:41:55

• spectromize
    spectromize

ianao,

Have you ever read the Bible? Do you believe in what it says? Do you accept God's name as being Jehovah God? Do you believe in Armageddon?

Of course there are individuals like yourself who appoint or are appointed watchdogs over discussion boards such as this. You take my words and want to twist the meaning of what I want to say.

As far as judging me or others or a group of people you should be the one person seriously taking a look at yourself. In your own delusional world you want to take on the characteristics of God's creation but fail at having the eyes of the mind.

Again you are fulfilling Bible prophecy by ridiculing in your own way the Bible and it's message. Never forget that Jehovah God will be the final
    Judge in all matters and this include what ever judgement will come against you or any other human being on this earth.

Keep talking you are plainly making yourself known .

• spectromize
    spectromize

larc,

You don't have to agree with me on anything, although there are some individuals here who agree with what I say.

On another note I have posted another thread to ask who is an atheist here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit