"This Generation"-- New Light AGAIN

by FusionTheism 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

New "Jesus--The Way" Book, Pages 258-259:

"Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen.”—Matthew 24:32-34. Thus, when his disciples see the many different features of the sign being fulfilled, they should realize that the end is near."

---------

So now "this generation" is simply the disciples who see all the many different features of the sign?

And "generation" now just means "near?"

Also, if this "generation" must see all the signs, then it would have to begin after the UN (Disgusting Thing) was created in the 1940's, right?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

'It isn't your business to know the times and periods over which the Father is in charge.

(2001 Translation - An American English Bible)

I guess it's none of our business!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well the Society joined the Disgusting Thing....... the UN it's own self. Is that what one calls wtf? And I couldn't join the YMCA back in the day when I was pioneering and hey.......... if I wasn't a Young Man in a real Christian Association then no one was. I'm still pissed about that!

http://www.truebiblecode.com/understanding246.html

11 October 2001

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently the NGO Section had been receiving numerous inquiries regarding the association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York with the Department of Public Information (DPI). This organization applied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in 1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the principles or the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities.

In October 2001, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York requested termination of its association with DPI. Following this request, the DPI has made decisions to disassociate the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York as of 9 October 2001.

We appreciate your interest in the work of the United Nations.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Hoeffel
    Chief NGO Section
    Department of Public Information

His telephone-line is: (212) 963-8070.

Address:

Paul Hoeffel
    Chief, NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    Room S-1070L
    United Nations, New York, N.Y. 10017
    fax (212)963-6914
    phone - (212) 963-8070 or (212)963-6842

PS by Gio....... the Society dissociated itself from the UN........ we know what's going to happen to the Society now.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The problem is FT that the WTS exploited world events as a means to support the assertion that this is the time spoken about in the bible and to support the dating calculation of 1914 which is very much in opposition to what Jesus himself commanded of his followers.

Worse to sell it into literature for public consumption.

To say Jesus would guide or approve of false prophets is like saying Jesus is a liar plain and simple.

This is the reason by the way that most Christian based faiths never announced anything about 1914, 1925, 1975 etc.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The UN/NGO debacle and the ongoing involvement with the OSCE just makes me believe that the WTBTS is just another head of the Xian Hydra. It's sole purpose is to keep people ignorant, docile, and retard the growth of their souls.

DD

• prologos
    prologos

FT: your quote: --Thus, when his disciples see the many different features of the sign being fulfilled, they should realize that the end is near."

would align with the 'generation' entry in the 215 'Insight' book, that casts the generation loose from the 1914 date AND the "anointed, overlapping " laughable ludicracy.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Wow.... I need to read that (my head hurts just thinking about thinking about that) but that may be all i need to exit stage right, through the door even....
  • Ding
    Ding

Let me get this straight.

All this alleged insight into the end times date system on which the organization was founded and grew turns out to be nothing.

But it's still God's only channel of communication and you have to obey the GB to the letter or be annihilated at Armageddon, which is still just around the corner.

• blondie
    blondie

There was new light on "this generation" in 2010.....is this different?

*** w10 4/15 pp. 10-11 pars. 13-14 Holy Spirit’s Role in the Outworking of Jehovah’s Purpose ***

13 Third, holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light. (Prov. 4:18) This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. (Matt. 24:45) For example, consider our understanding of those who make up “this generation” mentioned by Jesus. (Read Matthew 24:32-34.) To what generation did Jesus refer? The article “Christ’s Presence—What Does It Mean to You?” explained that Jesus was referring, not to the wicked, but to his disciples, who were soon to be anointed with holy spirit. Jesus’ anointed followers, both in the first century and in our day, would be the ones who would not only see the sign but also discern its meaning—that Jesus “is near at the doors.”

14 What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit.—Mark 13:37.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thats my question/speculation blondie. It dosent specifically undo the overlapping nonsense but it is conspicuous by its absence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit