World Cup : USA shocks Portugal

by Gopher 17 Replies latest social physical

• Gopher
    Gopher

First Senegal stuns France with an opening-game victory.

Now the USA beats Portugal 3-2 in a first-round game. And, one of Portugal's goals was the result of an American "own goal". I saw a couple of beee-autiful crossing passes that resulted in American goals.

This brand of football, with its unexpected surprises, may actually become FUN to watch!!

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

And Ireland are about to have a shock 5-0 victory over Germany...

--
    Bad times, hard times - this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times. - St. Augustine, 354-430

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

fd, so far it looks otherwise

anyway we're living in the 21st century, so it's time for some changes

LL

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I love this game! The point is to see how many passes you can make in a row right?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Bugger!
    Still, it's only half-time...

--
    Bad times, hard times - this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times. - St. Augustine, 354-430

• City Fan
    City Fan

The point of the World Cup is to cheer on any team who plays against Germany or Argentina.

So this afternoon I'm Irish !

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What a great World Cup this is becoming! Nothing predictable and the emerging nations from Asia and Africa (and the USA!!!!) are causing some surprises! It's great.

Just think too, next time, Australia's going to be given a chance, that is, if Oceania at long last gets to send one team. Yes, that's right, the Oceanic Federation have NEVER been allocated a place at the World Cup Finals.. Now is that really the WORLD game?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• City Fan
    City Fan

Well done Ireland !

• Englishman
    Englishman

This an amazing result, full marks to the US for pulling this one off. This is what I love about cup football, when the minnows sink the big fish. Hmm, mixing me metaphors there... oh wow! Ireland have just equalised with Germany!

Manic laughter follows....

Englishman.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

You'll never beat the Irish!!!

Ireland 1 Germany 1

--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit