Silentlambs and everyone, do you believe this???

by stocwach 11 Replies latest jw friends

• stocwach
    stocwach

This is unbelievable. Here is an excerpt from an email I got from a JW friend regarding the pedophilia issue. Take particular note this persons's rationale regarding the WT Legal Dept. recording on Dateline:

"By the way....my friend who was molested by a brother, who also molested others, who later became and elder, who later became removed with the new information, said that years later, when she went to be married, she was having "troubles" so she went to get therapy. She was pissed that she had to pay for the therapy, so she called the society to say she thought it was ridiculous she had to pay and their thought on suing him. They told her she would be handled judicially if she sued him. YES SHE WAS PISSED, AND YES SHE STILL THINKS IT WAS RIDICULOUS. AND YES WE THINK IT WAS RIDICULOUS. BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE BIBLE DOCTRINE. So see, we know we and they aren't perfect in things we do and words we choose....but we can handle that. By the way......That call that they made on Dateline to the supposed society.......BULL. I have never heard a lawyer speak like a hick in all my life. PLEASE STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU HEAR."

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I think you could best encourage them to stay loyal to God's organization. Also to please not be around children.

• SYN
    SYN

"I'M NOT LISTENING, LALALALALA!"

Yeesh, dude, you have some hardcore Dub friends

They've been digging in the Euphrates Valley and have uncovered a layer of agrarian culture 8,000 years old, and an older caveman culture. Recently, they reached another layer of fused green glass.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

"I have never heard a lawyer speak like a hick in all my life"

You have now. This is what happens when you take a back-woods, uneducated person and ship them to law school on the JWs dime (who knows - they probably get mail order law degrees too).

• Room 215
    Room 215

Stocwatch, come one...

If the voice of the lawyer on the tape were bogus and not readily identifiable by the boys in Brooklyn, that they would waste as much as a minute before screaming ``foul!'' to the highest heavens?

• stocwach
    stocwach

Exactly Room215.

Of course the standard dub reply to that reasoning would be--"oh the organization doesn't get involved in matters such as that".

Whatever.

I just find it simply fascinating that an individual like this one can only presume it is false, because in her 28 years of existence, she personally has never heard a "hick" lawyer!

What is also interesting is that her reasoning is there are bad elders out there, or they are imperfect and make mistakes, but I questioned her on why she doesn't at least have an open mind an apply that principle to the Society. When it comes to the Society itself, it must be a lie is her only rebuttal.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    "I have never heard a lawyer speak like a hick in all my life"

I speak to many attys from all over the Country in my job - let me tell you - plenty of those very knowledgable people from Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, etc definately talk like 'hicks.

They tell me that we here in the Pacific Northwest are the ones with the funny accent!!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Doesn't change bible doctrine?

Holy f**k.......the stories get sicker and sicker.

ashi

• Quotes
    Quotes

Furthermore, the arguement assumes that the person giving advice from legal was actually a lawyer... I doubt that everyone in the legal dept. is actually a lawyer. I'm not saying for sure the person in legal was not a lawyer, but there is no proof that that person was a lawyer.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I have never heard a lawyer speak like a hick in all my life.

Gerry Spence is perhaps the finest defense attorney in this Country. He's from Wyoming and speaks like a "hick."

You are an idiot, even if you don't speak like a hick.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit