Charles Russell a Chid Molester?

by LFitzwater 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

I recall reading a couple years back, some court documents posted on an ex-JW site that stated that Charles Taze Russell was accused by his wife (at their divorce hearing) of sexually abusing a girl that they had taken in to their home. Does anyone have any information on this? Or know where I can find this again?
    Thanks for anything you can do to help.
    Laurie Fitzwater

• Lady Lee
  • crawdad2
    crawdad2

thanks, lady lee.

i guess charlse taze was buzy satisfying himself at other peoples expence, and covering his tracks, long before the 1914 cover up.

funny how people who have very little skill at relationships and honesty, want to teach the "whole world" how to have a honest relationship with god.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yupo between Russell and Rutherford's alcoholism it's no wonder the Org is as dysfunctional as it is

A not-so-silent lamb

Aspire to inspire before you expire

• JanH
    JanH

I have not been able to find out the age of Miss Ball, whom Russell were accused of having touched inappropriately, but I am quite convinced she was not a child.

According to this page (which seems pro-Russell), she was around 15 at the time of the alleged incident: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/6444/morality.htm

Russell was never accused of adultery.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• brojo
    brojo

Barbara Anderson with silent lambs has done tons or research on these allegations of Russell molestation of this girl. She may be able to give you the information.

• LanDi
    LanDi

It's kind of funny, the stuff flowing round the internet, if I told you he was (well you can't get any worse than what he's being accused of) would you believe it? You can spread all sorts of nonsense with no proof whatsoever and people will believe if it suits their feelings and prejudices.

I read on an anti JW site that the watchtower of 1917 stated that Russell should bw Worshipped!!!! Do I believe that?? Well, the link is there - and it looks Genuine, which is scary (but very fun to show my devout friends!!!) but is it genuine, it could still be fake . How would we know Russell was a Peodo for sure if he was?

Well, his zions watchtower regular had quotes, (although again I could run a quote from the Watchtower of 81 that says " its just as unnatural to lust after a woman as it is to lust after a man" ( I have had an elder say that to me genuinely!!!) - doesn't mean its there though unless you've seen the original) that were shocking !!! So it is a huge stretch, the man certainly was very questionable.

I remember three four years ago, seeingon the net about the WT supporting the Nazi Regime. Utter Nonsense. We all know the WT society is non political - right. Well, looking at this site, Im not so sure........

• Leolaia
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

LanDi

We have some wonderful posters here who have proven that Russell was not a child molester. The documents prove it overwhelmingly. Check the link that Leolaia just posted.

The rumor that he was a child molester has been around for at least 40 years.

The WTS could have busted the myth decades ago. But for some mysterious reason they chose not to. That really makes me wonder.

But check out the link. The posters here found the real thruth about this first

• greendawn
    greendawn

In fact he was not a child molester. The whole misunderstanding was created by relatively recent WT writings which claim that Russell would only kiss goodninght every evening before she would go to bed the 10 year old Rose. The implication being that there was no hunky punky and adultery only a paternal innocent kiss on the cheek. However Rose at the time was around 20 so there was something fishy going on. But the whole issue backfired as people began to think that Russell was the child abuser of a little girl of ten.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit