Christendom?

by hannibal 11 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

That question depends on which Christendom you are asking about. Are you asking about the "Nominal christendom" which was invisibly overthrown in 1914 by the visible Russellites? Or are you asking about Christianity?

That is a good MAIN question to ask of the modern day prophets/WBTS.

I would LOVE to read their Biblical answer.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    "If Russell had any intergrity to his own veiws, he would have
    to chuck out the JWs and start all over again"

Do you mean become an apostate? LOL

Yes, just like he did when he founded the Watchtower. Remember, Russell had been co-editor of an Adventist magazine with Nathan Barbour. When Barbour came up with some doctrinal "new light," did Russell humbly accept it? Did he wait upon Jehovah to straighten out matters? NO! He broke off fellowship with Barbour and went off and started his own group and magazine, taking many of Barbour's followers (and subscribers) with him.

In short, Russell became an apostate when he founded the Watchtower. Any JW today who imitated Russell's course would quickly be condemned and disfellowshipped.

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit