Letter to the Congregations (Dateline)

by dubla 12 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

last night my father called me and informed me about "the letter" that is going to be read tonight at his congregation re: dateline. he said hed let me know what it said, and that "apparently the society feels as though some things were misrepresented on the dateline program." i havent been on here the past few days, so im sure the letter has been discussed on the forum (i did see bill mention it in his thread)........i was just wondering if anyone had a copy, or just a quick summary on what the letter had to say. surprise, surprise, the society thinks they were misrepresented. couldnt they have simply come on the show and told the world exactly that? seems like another move to keep the rank and file in order....very predictable, obviously.

aa

• hannibal
    hannibal

Two reaons given for not going on dateline.

1) media can edit and air only part of a conversation,
    take quotes out of context and not giving full meaning
    what was said.

MOST IMPORTANT
    2) bible says you must speak in agreement. Since
    those appearing on dateline were still 'brothers'
    and 'sisters' to the public eye, it would not be
    scripturely proper to speak against another 'brother'

This would not be speaking in agreement.

• nancee park
    nancee park

The letter denies they allow pedophilia as expected and says at Matthew 18 Christ says two or more witnesses SHOULD (not must) say a man molested. They treat that verse as if it said MUST, using it to "justify" allowing the pedophilia to get worse and worse. Besides, the Bible itself also says there's a time and place for everything. Normally you go by 2 or more witnesses, but this is an unusual situation as 2-3 won't be seeing a guy fondling the private parts of little girls or boys.

• dubla
    dubla

hannibal-

so, this was in the letter i take it? as far as the number two reason, im guessing that doesnt include supporting the molester in court while his "brother" or "sister" sits on the other side? this isnt the same as speaking against that brother/sister? ack.

aa

• metatron
    metatron

Of course, the speaking in agreement wasn't possible
    since those interviewed refused to continue the coverup
    and lie to the public in conformity with the Society.

Now, even the public can witness the price of Witness
    conformity, since truthfulness is not a priority.

metatron

• hannibal
    hannibal

dubla-

I dont think the point of speaking in agreement was in the

letter.i didnt hear the letter first hand, just releyed to me

from my wife( most devout jw of all time) and what i read on

line. These were the reasons given to me by an elder, who

was given this info from a C.O. I guess.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Just spoke to a freind who went to the circuit ass and said "Woodley", (the D.O.) eluded to the Dateline program calling saying it was untrue and they would never allow pedo's to go door-to-door but that the org was very large and there was bound to be a few bad people in it. Lying Pricks!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Hannibal,

Gal 2:11-14 Paul resisted Cephas "face to face" because he'd been wimping out in front of the Jews. Was it more important to Paul to speak in agreement, or to right a wrong he saw?

Hmmm

• dubla
    dubla

so im guessing there isnt a copy of it floating around anywhere.......are there any other threads that have already discussed the contents in depth?

aa

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

the letter is posted on my website, you may download it under "wt letters" at .www.silentlambs.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit