Get rich Quick Dubs

by OUTLAW 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dubs are always looking for an angle to make money.Their probably no worse than anybody else,but they do like to preach against materialism while chasing the illusive dollar.Alot of times its some form of pyramid scheme.Amway for one,or the Triple Charge System(owned and operated by some dubs from califonia)Then theres the out and out pyramid scheme.You bring in people who give the pyramid $500.00,after bringing in so many people the guy at the top get`s a $17,000.00 payout,and is free to start again at the bottem of the pyramid.I`ve known a few dubs who have collected their 17grand.The pyramid eventually burns out,and the people at the bottem are left holding the bag(no payout).They lose the money they couldn`t afford to spend to begin with.There are some dubs though,that make a good living at this.What are some of the get rich schemes you`ve witnessed(pun intended)in dubland?...OUTLAW

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Outlaw: Oh the memories of JW scams ... Yes, Amway is the big one ... Amway meetings are just like JW meetings, boring and material that always goes in circles. There is Shakley, and the famous A. J. Williams Insurance scam that ended up going down the tank ... then teh really risky 'Don't pay federal income tax' programs ... and some Dubs have even bought into Carlton Sheets get rich in real estate with no money ...

... But this way, we can Pioneer full time! Yeah.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

My parents were both into Shakley and Amway.....I see a pattern developing. Scary!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Amazing,I`m happy to see you on the board.I read your shaking hands with death#3.So the nurses are pulling your willie eh?You must be some sweet talker(LOL).I had a few dubs approach me with shaklee.I`ve owned and operated healthfood stores for many years.So I asked the dub whats so special about your product.He says,take our alfalfa tablets for instance.Our company only harvests the alfalfa at night.I burst out laughing.He was just talking alot of nonsense.You jolted my memory with shaklee.There was also an aloe vera product by the name of forever living.My mom,a dub,was selling it.She said it was better than any aloe product in my store.So I took the product I normaly sold and the forever living aloe and sent them both to a lab.The result,one was no better than the other.She didn`t like that much(LOL).Good to hear from you Amazing.I will leave you to your bevy of willie pulling nurses,you sweet talker you.LOL...OUTLAW

• tdogg
    tdogg

In the late '70's my Dad went in with another brother marketing "Hydropots". They were plant pots that had a water reservouir in the bottom so you did not have to water plants for weeks. It was the newest technologhy that was about to revolutionize the world of house plants and make us rich in mere weeks...

It of course turned out badly with the other brother "screwing" my father. Likely they were trying to "screw" each other. Regardless, there were bad feelings that lasted a long time. This always seemed to happen when the bros did buisiness, despite all those articles with the rules on doing buisiness with your "brother".

BTW I dont see those pots around anywhere...

• Satanus
    Satanus

We had a couple that pioneered for a while. They would do iridology analyses to diagnose health problems, then prescribe their health food products, programs and vitamins to cure them. A few dubs were getting into phone sales. One dub would fall into many successive schemes. In each new scheme he would tell me how this one was going to set up w his luxury car, etc. He would go on and on, until he was foaming at the mouth. That was 7 yrs ago. I saw him a month ago, doing a small cleaning job. Of course i don't see any mouth foam anymore because he won't say a word to me now.

SS

SS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey spiceitup,shakley and amway?Yep theres a pattern.Dubs do what dubs do..>>>Hey tdog,yeah I saw those pots.They made it into the retail shops up this way many years ago..>>>Hey St.Satan,I remember the iridology thing,I sold books about it in my shop...OUTLAW

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

oh brother. we got into both of those when I was a witness. I was surprised to see my witness sister selling a ton of amway at a garage sale at her house one day. personally, I prefer clinique :)

these people are like sheep... but very soft sweet-smelling ones!

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

• Gopher
    Gopher

In our area there was a network-marketing scheme with a lot of JW's involved, even elders' wives. It had to do with selling inexpensive long-distance phone service.

You had to make an initial investment, and also had to listen to a lot of group phone-calls which were the rough equivalent of a JW service meeting -- tips, techniques, how to build your sales (downline) organization.

Some people dreamed in vain that they could pioneer and quit working, once they got their downline network in place.

And oh yeah, every 3 months you had to travel to national sales conferences. Well I didn't, but someone who was the mother of my child did.

Well, needless to say, it was a pipe dream. Only a few in the upper echelons of the organization had the nice cars, nice vacations, and things which were held out as incentives to produce.

Sigh.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

• Bang
    Bang

My wife knows little if anything of JWs or their doctrine, but when asked if she knew about them she replied, "I thought they were like the Amway of religions."

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit