Hi All. Let Me Introduce Myself.

by imissthedub 13 Replies latest jw friends

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

Hello! Some of you have met me in the chat room, since I have been in there several times and also have been reading alot on here. I am new to chatroom so did not realize that people posted to introduce themself.

I am not and have never been JW. I did have someone who meant alot to me hurt my badly. He was a JW. During the time I knew him I became interested in the religion. I have always luved talking about Jehovan or God, etc. Attended a KH a few times (my husband went too but assured me he would never join lol), read alot of their literature and had subs mailed to me and started a Bible study. I decided it was too much about mind control and what MEN thought, not about what God wants, so I stopped the study.

I hope that not ever being a JW does not matter. I find the whole thing fascinating....what a different existence it is, or is supposed to be, from mainstream. And how so many people have allowed themselves to be so very, very controlled.

Have noticed all different kinds of people on here. Funny, angry, kind, cynical. I think that is good. Makes for a good mix. And, I would say all of us are all of those things depending on the moment of the day when you "catch" us!

I stay up late alot...need little sleep and hope to make some online friends.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Imissthedub,

It's great to meet you! Let me assure you that this is a great discussion group, in my opinion. Lots of views and lively discussions.

I wish I had your perception about the mind control thing 29 years ago! That's how long i was a JW. But now i'm out.

I'm looking forward to seeing you around the "coffee shop" here.

Pat

• jaded
    jaded

Hi Imissthedub. I am a night owl too. And I agree with Pat. I was a JW for 23 yrs. It's really amazing but we do not realize that our minds are being controlled while we are "in". If we did we would never have joined or would have gotten out a lot sooner. Fortunately, you saw the reality of the WBTS. Now that I am outside looking in I have a clear picture of the so called "truth".

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Welcome

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Welcome aboard Missthedub!!! Hope to meet you in chat on fine day!

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Welcome to the board.

Mosey on over here and sign in and put your mind at ease.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=26430&site=3

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

errrr! I'm the mom. Welcome!

Yadira

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Hello and welcome,

You wrote:
    " am not and have never been JW. I did have someone who meant alot to me hurt my badly. He was a JW."

Same applies to me. Looks like we come from the same boat.

Silverleaf

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi imissthedub-----Welcome to theboard. they are a good group(methinks) I was under mind control for over 20 years. You can hear my testimony in the following audio page
    http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm
    Grace Gough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit