The Sum of All Fears

by patio34 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Has anyone had a chance to see this yet? I give it a top rating and enjoyed it very much. It's not getting rave reviews, but my friend and I really thought it was good!

Pat

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I was waiting for some opinions on this one.
    I'll put it on my list of "to see's"
    Today I am going to see "Insomniea"
    It looks good and it got 5 stars. I know that doesn't mean anything they could have bought those stars. But it was sold out last week. Thats always a good sign.

........................It's the silence between the notes, that make the music.................
  • patio34
    patio34

Hi Plmkrzy,

Yes, Insomnia does look good too. That's soon on my list. Let me know your rating of it.

• waiting
    waiting

Insomnia is next on my list - but Sum of All Fears was REALLY good.

I enjoyed it a lot.....and it made me rather itchy thinking about how it COULD happen. High people trying to guess what the other side is thinking while the other side is trying to guess what the High people on the other side are thinking. Yeah, it WAS that kind of movie.

The special effects were graphic and very realistic, imho.

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Ha, ha, Waiting! I was wondering if you were going to see the movie this weekend. The theater here was pretty filled and it was showing on different screens every hour.

It makes you think about going to big stadiums, huh? I told my friend with me that JWs may be at risk too with their large conventions. She replied, "m-m-m."

Have a great rest-of-your-day, sis!

Love ya too!
    Pat

• teejay
    teejay

Go see it.

Two thumbs up.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I just got back. I enjoyed it, but it was over-the-top ridiculous.

Just plain silly, but fun to watch.

• teejay
    teejay

"Over the top ridiculous", eh?

"Just plain silly", huh?

Care to explain yourself, young man?!!

btw, you gon' be around next weekend?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah, I think so. I'm going to get in touch with waiting. Are you coming down? Is there going to be an impromptu apostafest?

About the movie, I guess where it first started to fall apart for me is when I saw Ryan in full blown emergency mode, but still not having briefed anyone who could do anything about the emergency, and those need-to-be-briefed people moving on with life in the power circle, not even looking for a special call from Ryan. Guess I shouldn't say more. But it got worse from there for me.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Six of Nine,

My son and his wife went too and my son thought the same thing. He just couldn't get past the UNlikelihood of the one man racing around thru a bombsite, helicopter crash, and solve the whole puzzle in the couple of hours (or small window of time) to avert the war.

But I really enjoyed it and could get past it! I'm not ruining it for anyone, because that was in the critics' reviews.

Only one thing annoyed me and that was the phone call where he finally gets thru the 1st time and wastes words defending the Russian president and by the time he blurts out his msg, the guy hangs up.

But "two thumbs up" from me. Just need a "willing suspension of disbelief." It was a good yarn!

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit